Kristen M. Rushing
Top rated Family Law attorney in Media, PennsylvaniaSweeney & Neary, LLP
As a partner at Sweeney & Neary, L.L.P., Kristen M. Rushing guides families in Delaware County, Pennsylvania and the surrounding counties, through the difficult decisions surrounding issues such as divorce, child custody, property distribution, child support, spousal support and alimony. Her family law practice also addresses matters such as separation and prenuptial agreements, as well as protection from abuse, paternity disputes and adoption.
Known for her service both to clients and to her community, Ms. Rushing has been licensed to practice law since 2003. She is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Family Law Section and the Delaware County Bar Association, where she has held several leadership positions, including President in 2015.
When she is not advocating for families, Ms. Rushing can be found providing pro bono services to people in need of legal help. She also launched a 5K charity run to benefit the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House.
Ms. Rushing is frequently requested to speak to peers about matrimonial law issues. Neumann University and the Pennsylvania Bar Association have also featured her as a presenter in continuing legal education courses.
Adept at anticipating clients’ needs and reaching their goals, Ms. Rushing has extensive experience in both negotiations and litigation. For her impressive work, she has earned the Delaware County Bar Association’s Nicholas D. Vadino Jr. Memorial Award and the Eric D. Turner Award for her dedication, professionalism and integrity.
In 1999, Ms. Rushing earned an undergraduate degree from the York College of Pennsylvania. She went on to graduate with a Juris Doctor in 2002 from Widener University Delaware Law School.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Prenuptial Agreements
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2003, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://sweeneynearylaw.com/attorneys/kristen-m-rushing-esqu...
- Member, Bench Bar Conference Committee
- Past Chairman, Delaware County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, Law Day Committee
- Former councilmember, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, Delaware County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Past President, Delaware County Bar Association, 2015
- Co-Chairman, Pennsylvania Bar Association Young Lawyers Division for Zone 9
- Past President, Delaware County Bar Association, Young Lawyers' Section
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- York College of Pennsylvania, 1999
- Lecturer, Matrimonial Law, Delaware County Bar Association
- Presenter of Continuing Legal Education courses for the Pennsylvania Bar Association Family Law Section and Neumann College
- , Lawyer on the Fast Track, The Legal Intelligencer, 2015
- , E. Wallace Chadwick Memorial Award, Delaware County Bar Association, 2019
- , Super Lawyer, Philadelphia Magazine
- Featured in Top Lawyer Edition, Top Lawyer, MainLine Today, 2017
- Received the Nicholas D. Vadino, Jr. Memorial Award, 2007
- Presented to a member of the Bar for his or her dedication, professionalism and integrity, along with substantial contributions to improving the practice, elevating the standards and advancing the cause of matriomonial law. , Eric D. Turner Award, Delaware County Bar Association, 2016
- Received the Pennsylvania Bar Foundation Pro Bono Award, 2010
- Selected as "Rising Star" by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Magazine, 2008 and 2010
- Ms. Rushing appeared on Fox News 29 Philadelphia in April of 2019 to speak on the Jeff Bezos (founder of Amazon) divorce settlement., Fox News 29 Philadelphia, 2019
Office location for Kristen M. Rushing
200 North Jackson Street
Media, PA 19063
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2008, 2010