Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Media, PA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2005
- Free Consultation
Mark Schmidt is a personal injury attorney at Schmidt, Kirifides & Rassias, in Media, Pennsylvania. As a founding member and managing partner of the firm, Mr. Schmidt handles cases involving catastrophic injury, motor vehicle accidents, birth injury, brain injury and workers’ compensation.
Dedicated to fighting for blue collar workers, Mr. Schmidt serves clients throughout the Greater Philadelphia area, including in Reading, Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton and Lancaster areas. He has over three decades of legal experience and has been involved in several high-profile workers’ compensation cases. He has obtained significant sums in settlements and verdicts for injured Pennsylvania residents and is committed to providing personalized representation and fighting for his clients’ rights.
Mr. Schmidt holds a certification in workers’ compensation law through the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, and regularly lectures about workers’ compensation law for bar associations and other professional organizations. Over the years, he has appeared numerous times on local television to discuss workers’ compensation legal issues.
Active in various professional organizations, Mr. Schmidt is a member of the Delaware County Bar Association Workers’ Compensation committee, the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association. He holds licenses to practice law before all Pennsylvania state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Born and raised in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania, Mr. Schmidt obtained a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Pennsylvania. He received his law degree from Temple University Beasley School of Law. While attending law school, he participated in moot court and belonged to the Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court Honor Society.
About Mark Schmidt
First Admitted: 1990, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.pahurtatwork.com/attorney/schmidt-mark-r/
- I have presented at numerous seminars on workers compensation issues for Pennsylvania, Philadelphia and Delaware County Bar Associations, as well as appearing on Law Journal T.V., speaker, presenter, Pa bar assoc., Del. cty Bar Assoc., Law Journal T.V.
- Graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with a Major in Political Science, and Minors in American History and 'Interdisciplinary Perspectives of law'. Graduated from Upper Darby High School in 1983 as a member of the American Honor Society., 1987
- Mark has an active appellate practice, often upon referral of the original counsel. As of the date of submission, Mark has multiple cases pending before the Commonwealth and Supreme Court of PA, including: Watson v. WCAB (Law Office of G. Hillsberg); Morales v. WCAB (Chester Upland School Distr.) and McGononigle v. WCAB (AQUA Pennsylvania). Meanwhile, in just the single month of December 2019, he negotiated multiple case settlements with a combined value in excess of $500,000.00., 2019
- From the date I opened my own practice in 1994 to the present, I have exclusively represented claimants, and continue to aggressively fight for the rights of injured workers. I have been involved in several Landmark Cases decided by the Supreme and Commonwealth Courts of Pennsylvania, and expect to remain at the forefront of challenging issues entering 2020., 1994
- While every client is just as important and significant as the next, our firm has had the honor to represent police officers, sheriff deputies, firefighters and many Union workers, seeking counsel outside the 'usual' firms recommended by their unions. In 2019 we were vetted and approved to represent injured Professional Athletes of Philadelphia's premier sports team(s)., 2019
- Continued Certification as a Workers' Compensation Specialist since 2017. This Certification requires Continuing Legal Education credits, extensive years of practice specifically dedicated to this field of law; and passing written testing to validate sufficient, detailed knowledge of the intricacies and unique aspects of the Workers' Compensation Act. Not only has Mark consistently maintained his Specialty Certification, he is often asked to present the seminars to enable other attorney obtain this recognition., 2020
- Member of the Delaware County Bar Association 1994 to present. Also a member of Workers' Compensation committees of the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers and Pennsylvania Association for Justice. Frequent Lecturer and CLE Seminar Presenter on worker's compensation issues., 2020
- In a survey of clients-only, Mark was voted one of Delaware County's Best Workers' Compensation lawyers. While recognition of an attorney's skill by one's peers (other lawyers and Judges) is always valued, being 'voted' a Best Lawyer by clients is the premier achievement of any lawyer's career. It is evidence that the level of service provided has been noticed, and valued by the ultimate source - and the reason we practice - the client., Best Delaware County Lawyer, Delaware County Daily Times, 2020
- For several consecutive years, the Client Champion, and Client Recognition award has been given to attorney Schmidt by Lawyers.com. AVVO and Martindale-Hubbell. His dedicated service to his clients has been identified from validated, bona fide client reviews., Client Champion, Martindale-Hubbell, 2019
Pro bono/Community Service
- Though not the typical form of 'pro bono' service, Mark and his firm often accept representation of injured workers seeking only payment of medical bills. Frequently, no fee can be earned, and is certainly not expected. Many of these clients have been 'abandoned' by another lawyer who settled the wage loss part of the claim - and discontinue their representation when there is no further fee to be generated. SKR accepts these clients, knowing no fee is likely to ever be received. These injured workers are just as helpless in this complex system as the cases paying fees., 2020
Last Updated: 7/26/2022