Michael A. Raffaele is the managing partner at Raffaele Puppio, located in Media, Pennsylvania. He handles family law cases in the Philadelphia area, and his work involves child support, alimony, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, settlement agreements and grandparent’s rights. Though he takes high net worth divorce cases, Mr. Raffaele is also familiar with those who have limited finances as he helps clients tackle their issues without litigation when possible in order to save money and time.
Not all practicing attorneys have the chance to become judges, but Mr. Raffaele was selected to serve as a judge pro tem when there was a backlog of family law cases in Delaware County. The President Judge of the Court of Common Pleas of Delaware County appointed him to this position. This is not the only recognition Mr. Raffaele’s commitment to family law matters has received: Mr. Raffaele has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for his prowess in that practice area.
A native of Delaware County, Mr. Raffaele was the first recipient of the Eric D. Turner Award, an honor the Delaware County Bar Association bestowed upon him due to his dedication and integrity while elevating the practice of family law. Mr. Raffaele also has received an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 "Superb" peer-review rating through Avvo.
A current member of the Delaware County Bar Association, Mr. Raffaele previously served on that organization's board of directors and was the chairman of its Fee Dispute Resolution Committee. He is also an active participant in the American Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Bar Association. Mr. Raffaele received his Juris Doctor from Temple University Beasley School of Law in 1974.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1974, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: http://www.raffaelepuppio.com/bio/michael-a-raffaele-esquire
- Best Attorneys Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, 2004 – Present
- Eric D. Turner Award, Delaware County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Named the Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year" for Family Law in the Philadelphia, 2017
- America’s Outstanding Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® rated by LexisNexis
- American Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Delaware County Bar Association
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Delaware County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- United States Supreme Court
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Chairman, Delaware County Bar Association’s Fee Dispute Committee
- Lehigh University, B.A., 1970
Office location for Michael A. Raffaele
19 West Third Street
Media, PA 19063
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2023