Patrick T. Daley
Top rated family law attorney in Media, PennsylvaniaSweeney & Neary, LLP
Patrick T. Daley, Partner in the firm of Sweeney & Neary LLP, offers exceptional services and representation to residents of Delaware, Chester, Montgomery, Bucks, and Philadelphia counties, respectively, in all aspects of family law – divorce; child custody; child support; complex equitable distribution matters; spousal support; alimony; protection from abuse matters; pre-nuptial agreements; paternity issues; separation agreements; and adoptions. While it is always Mr. Daley’s goal to reach amicable resolutions that are beneficial to his clients, sometimes that is not possible. And when that happens, Mr. Daley has earned a reputation for being a zealous, aggressive and seasoned litigator advocating on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Daley is a past Chair (2017) of the Delaware County Bar Association’s Family Law Section – a position selected by the family law practitioners of Delaware County; is currently a member of the Executive Committee of the Delaware County Bar Association (DCBA) Board of Directors, presently (2022) serving as President-Elect of the Association; and is the past president (2014) of the Young Lawyers’ Section of the DCBA.
Mr. Daley graduated from Millersville University where he was a four-year letter winner on the varsity soccer team. He is also a cum laude graduate from Widener University Commonwealth School of Law where he earned the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Eric D. Turner Award in 2009 and received dean’s honors.
With his experience and knowledge, Mr. Daley is a co-author of the Delaware County portion of the Domestic Relations’ Four County Practice Manual published biennially by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute. With a talented and engaging style, he has also worked for Governor Edward G. Rendell's administration as a writer before joining the firm. Mr. Daley has also lectured at the annual Bench Bar Conference for the DCBA as well as for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute.
Mr. Daley was honored by the DCBA with the Nicholas D. Vadino Jr. Memorial Award for his extensive work with the association. Additionally, Mr. Daley has been named a Rising Star by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
Mr. Daley is currently admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States Supreme Court; and is a member of the Delaware County Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
Practice areasFamily law
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Same sex family law, Father's rights
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2009, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: http://www.sweeneynearylaw.com/attorneys/patrick-t-daley-esq...
- Millersville University (2003) – Bachelor of Arts – Political Science, Minor in Economics
- Nicholas D. Vadino, Jr. Memorial Award, DCBA, 2013
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Eric D. Turner Award, 2009
- On January 10, 2019, Patrick Daley, spoke with the anchors of Fox29's Good Day Philadelphia about the news that Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon, Inc., and his wife of 25 years, Mackenzie Bezos, were getting a divorce., Attorney Weighs In on Jeff Bezos' Divorce, 2019
- Led a panel discussion with colleagues and judicial representatives regarding Protection From Abuse matters and the cross-over interplay between family law practitioners, district attorneys, and criminal defense attorneys., Facilitator/Lecturer, The Corner of 1st and 1st. Protection From Abuse - The Nexus of Criminal Law and Family Law, 2019
- Led a panel discussion with colleagues and judicial representatives discussing the most prevelant evidentiary issues facing family law practitioners., Facilitator/Lecturer, Do the Rules of Evidence Apply in Family Law Matters (spoiler alert - yes!), 2018
- Participated in panel discussion with colleagues and judicial representatives discussing the evolution of custody law as it pertained to grandparent and in loco parentis standing status; surrogacy contracts; and paternity disputes/issues in the age of DNA testing., Lecturer, Not Your Average Custody Case: From "Leave it to Beaver" to "Modern Family", 2016
- Prepared written materials and participated on panel with colleagues discussing an overview of formal and informal discovery tools and methods, the pros and cons of the various discovery tools, strategic discovery and complex discovery issues, as well as court intervention and enforcement of discovery issues., Author/Lecturer, Family Lawyer’s Discovery Tool Kit, Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s, 2015
- Led a panel discussion with colleagues, judicial representatives, and financial experts regarding support cases that involve high/complex income issues., Facilitator/Lecturer, The (sometimes more than) $100,000.00 Questions - Is It Income Available for Support?, 2015
- Presented custody, divorce, and support law updates to members of the Delaware County Bar Association at the 2015 Bench Bar Conference., Facilitator/Lecturer, Case Law Update (Family Law), 2015
- Presented custody, divorce, and support law updates to members of the Delaware County Bar Association at the 2014 Bench Bar Conference., Lecturer, Case Law Update (Family Law), 2014
- Presented custody, divorce, and support law updates to members of the Delaware County Bar Association at the 2013 Bench Bar Conference., Lecturer, Case Law Update (Family Law), 2013
- Co-author – Delaware County portion of Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s Family Law Practice in Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties
- Treasurer (current) – Delaware County Bar Association Board of Directors, 2020
- Past Chair (2017) – Family Law Section, Delaware County Bar Association
- Past President (2014) – Young Lawyers Section, Delaware County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Delaware County Bar Association, Member
Office location for Patrick T. Daley
200 North Jackson Street
Media, PA 19063
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2021