Top rated construction litigation attorney in Murrysville, PennsylvaniaCreenan & Baczkowski, PC
Practice Areas: Construction litigation, Business litigation, Estate & trust litigation; view more
Licensed in Pennsylvania since: 1997
Education: Duquesne University School of Law
For over 25 years, attorney James W. Creenan has had the privilege of helping people navigate challenging legal issues involving business litigation, professional liability, construction and commercial litigation, and estate and trust litigation. He owns the Murrysville, Pennsylvania, law firm of Creenan & Baczkowski PC.
A vigilant and approachable professional, Mr. Creenan develops personal relationships with his clients and keeps them informed of their options throughout the legal process. Over his career, he has successfully obtained favorable results for a variety of clients including governmental organizations, business owners and shareholders, contractors, architects, landlords, developers and engineers.
Mr. Creenan’s notable track record has led to his receipt of many honors and awards. He was given an AV Preeminent* peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell. This rating is presented to a select group of attorneys showcasing a high degree of legal ability and ethical standards. He holds a 10.0 client rating on Avvo and was recognized by Marquis Who's Who In American Law.
Majoring in political science and philosophy, Mr. Creenan earned his Bachelor of Arts from Canisius College in Buffalo, New York, in 1993. He obtained his doctorate in law from Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in 1996. While in law school, he was a part of Duquesne Law Review, the Appellate Moot Court Board and the Student Bar Association. He is licensed to practice in all the state and federal courts of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Creenan finds great reward in volunteering his time and services to legal organizations. He has served the Allegheny County Bar Association in various capacities including as a president-elect, treasurer, chair of its young lawyers division and finance committee, and member of its board of governors. He is also the former vice chair of the American Bar Association's litigation committee. As a result of his contributions, he was awarded the Outstanding Young Lawyer Award by the Allegheny County Bar Association. He is an erstwhile chairman of the Westmoreland County Chamber of Commerce and board member of Murrysville Business and Professional Association.
An enthusiastic speaker, Mr. Creenan has presented at many seminars and conferences in the legal profession and industry groups. He has also published articles on a wide range of topics related to his field.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasConstruction litigation: business, Business litigation, Estate & trust litigation
Construction defects, Will contests
- 50% Construction litigation: business
- 30% Business litigation
- 20% Estate & trust litigation
First Admitted: 1997, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://cbattorneys.com/index.aspx
- AV® Preeminent ™ peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- Who's Who in the World
- Who's Who In America
- Marquis's Who's Who In American Law
- Rising Star in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2013, 2014, and 2015 Pennsylvania Super Lawyer in the area of Construction Litigation
- The Allegheny County Bar Association presented its annual Outstanding Young Lawyer Award to James Creenan in 2006., Outstanding Young Lawyer, Allegheny County Bar Association, 2006
- Board Member of the Murrysville Business and Professional Association
- Vice Chair of the TIPS Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee and is past Co-Editor of its Newsletter
- Past Vice-Chair of the American Bar Association's YLD Litigation Committee and was an appointed liaison to the ABA Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section
- member of the Construction Law Section, Allegheny County Bar Foundation
- Treasurer of the Allegheny County Bar Foundation and Chair of the Association's Finance Committee
- President-Elect and as the Association's Treasurer, Assistant Secretary/Treasurer, a member of the Board of Governors, chair of the Young Lawyers Division, and a founding chair of the Loan Repayment Assistance Program for public service lawyers
- Member of the Westmoreland Professional Business Association
- Member of the Murrysville Zoning Hearing Board
- Treasurer and Chairman of the Board of the Westmoreland Chamber of Commerce
- President, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Canisius College
- Comment, "Pennsylvania's Land Recycling Act: Remediating Brownfields with Limited Liability and Remediation Standards." 33 Duquesne Law Review 660 (1996)
- "General Liability Update," for CNA Insurance Companies, Reading, PA, April 9, 2008.
- "Claims Investigation and Negotiation," for CNA Insurance Companies, Reading, PA, April 2009.
- Law for Business Owners, 2012 (MBPA).
- Law for Business Owners, 2012 (WCC).
- "A Young Lawyers Guide to the Code of Civility," published in The Lawyers Journal (ACBA), February 2001.
- "Defending Federal Black Lung Claims Under the New Regulations," 22nd Annual Institute of the Energy and Mineral Law Foundation (2002 Publication Date).
- "Rule 36: Effective Use of Requests for Admissions." ABA Committee Pretrial Practice and Discovery Newsletter, 2004.
- "Litigation 101: Selecting and Retaining Experts," American Bar Association YLD Litigation Committee.
- Seminar on Defending Federal Black Lung Claims Under the New Regulations (Spring 2001). Presented by Energy and Mineral Law Foundation, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Seminar on Federal Black Lung Litigation Case Law Update (Fall 2000). Presented by Energy and Mineral Law Foundation, Lexington, KY.
- "Defending Federal Black Lung Claims Under the New Regulations," 22nd Annual Institute of the Energy and Mineral Law Foundation (2001).
- "New Rules for Professional Liability Claims," for Pittsburgh Claims Association, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, March 2003.
- "Copyright Infringement Avoidance for Design Professionals," Engineer's Club, 2004.
- "Mine Subsidence Liability Issues in Pennsylvania," Pennsylvania Claims Association, 2005.
- Course Planner, "Effective Appellate Advocacy," Continuing Legal Education course sponsored by ACBA 2005.
- "Construction Law 101," for Allegheny County Bar Association, 2007.
- "Construction Law", 2013 (Pennsylvania Association of Housing and Redevelopment Authorities and Westmoreland Pennsylvania Housing Directors Association)
- Financial Services
- Real Estate
Office location for James Creenan
3907 Old William Penn Highway
Murrysville, PA 15668
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2006 - 2008, 2010 - 2011