Andrew M. Milz
Top rated consumer law attorney in Narberth, PennsylvaniaFlitter Milz, P.C.
Practice Areas: Consumer law, Class action & mass torts; view more
Licensed in Pennsylvania since: 2008
Education: Temple University Beasley School of Law
Flitter Milz, P.C.450 North Narberth Avenue
Narberth, PA 19072 Visit website
Andy Milz is a trial lawyer at the law firm Flitter Milz, PC with offices in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York. Mr. Milz specializes in representing people harmed by consumer finance fraud, debt collection harassment, improper repossessions, and inaccurate credit reporting. He has also handled litigation involving a variety of other issues, including auto fraud, abusive robocalls, solar panel scams, product defects, data security and identity theft, invasion of consumer privacy, civil rights abuses, securities fraud, and employee benefit plans.
Mr. Milz has successfully tried consumer protection cases in federal and state court, obtaining actual and punitive damage jury verdicts for consumers. Additionally, Mr. Milz has been class counsel in over two dozen class action matters, with courts recognizing his "abundant experience" prosecuting consumer class actions. In the past two years alone, Mr. Milz won four separate six-figure awards at trial for victims of unlawful repossessions and debt collection harassment, and was class counsel in two of the largest settlements in PA and NJ (#3) for the years 2019-2020. Through individual cases, class actions, litigation and negotiation, he has recovered over 100 million dollars for consumers.
Mr. Milz has also represented plaintiffs in successful appeals involving significant issues in state and federal consumer protection and class action law, including Cappuccio v. Prime Capital Funding LLC, 649 F.3d 180 (3rd Cir. 2011) (Truth in Lending Act), Douglass v. Convergent Outsourcing, 765 F.3d 299 (3d Cir. 2014) (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act), and Gager v. Dell Fin. Servs., LLC, 727 F. 3d 265 (3d Cir. 2013) (Telephone Consumer Protection Act). He is a contributing author to Carter, et al., Pennsylvania Consumer Law (Bisel Pub. Co., Supp. 2020) – the leading treatise on the subject, has been published in peer-reviewed journals, has lectured nationally on consumer law subjects, and is an active member of the National Association of Consumer Advocates (“NACA”). He proudly supports local legal aid organizations and is honored to join them as co-counsel or pro bono counsel in litigation involving important consumer rights issues.
For his commitment to clients and ability to return outstanding results, Mr. Milz has earned an Avvo “Superb” rating, and has been listed in Super Lawyers magazine for eight straight years.
Andy is a graduate of the Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College, Dubois, WY. He received his J.D. from Temple University, an M.A. in English Literature from the University of Scranton, and a B.A. in English Literature cum laude from King’s College.
Practice areasConsumer law, Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
Consumer protection, Fraud, Identity theft, Class actions
- 50% Consumer law
- 50% Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2008, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.consumerslaw.com/about-us/meet-our-attorneys/and...
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2014 - 2017, Super Lawyers 2018-2021
- AVVO, 10 out of 10 rating
- Knight v. Vivint Solar, --- A.3d ----, 2020 WL 7049982 (N.J. App. Div. Dec. 2, 2020)
- Norman v. TransUnion, LLC, --- F. Supp. 3d ----, 2020 WL 4735538 (E.D. Pa. Aug. 14, 2020), appeal den. 2020 WL 6393900 (3d Cir. Sept. 15, 2020)
- Hyman v. Devlin, 2019 WL 2271113 (W.D. Pa. May 28, 2019)
- Schultz v. Midland Credit Management, 905 F.3d 159 (3dCir. 2018)
- Daniels v. Hollister Co., 113 A.3d 796 (N.J. Super. Ct. App. Div. 2015)
- Douglass v Convergent Outsourcing, 765 F.3d 299 (3d Cir. 2014)
- Gager v. Dell Financial Services, 727 F. 3d 265 (3d Cir. 2013)
- Cubler v. Trumark Fin. Credit Union, 83 A.3d 235 (Pa. Super. Ct. 2013)
- Cappuccio v. Prime Capital Funding, LLC, 649 F.3d 180 (3rd Cir. 2011)
- Pennsylvania Bar
- New Jersey Bar
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for Central District of Illinois
- National Association of Consumer Advocates(NACA)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Carolyn Carter, et.al, Pennsylvania Consumer Law, (Geo. Bisel Pub. Co. 2002 ed., 2020 Supplement)
- 2019 Lectures: Effective Use of the TCPA for Individual Cases Challenging Debt Collection Harassment at National Consumer Law Center’s annual conference in Boston, MA on November 14-17, 2019; Repossessions: FDCPA Claims, Breach of the Peace, and Big Verdicts at National Consumer Law Center’s annual conference in Boston, MA on November 14-17, 2019; CFPB Community Roundtable on the FDCPA with Director Kathy Kraninger in Philadelphia, PA on May 6, 2019; co-moderated Trial Skills Workshop, at the National Association of Consumer Advocates Fair Credit Reporting Act Conference in Long Beach, CA on May 1-2, 2019; presented Repossession Law Developments 2019: SCOTUS Weighs-in, Breach of the Peace, and Big Verdicts at the annual meeting of the National Association of Consumer Advocates, Pennsylvania Chapter, in Philadelphia on April 5, 2019; and So You Want to Be a Lawyer, at the “Looking Forward” Conference on March 23, 2019 at Misericordia University, Dallas, PA.
- 2018 Lectures: Military Consumer Justice Project 2018 to JAGs at the legal assistance offices at U.S. Military Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst in Wrightstown, NJ on November 15, 2018 and at Dover Air Force Base in Dover, DE on November 16, 2018; and Abusive Attorney Collection Practices and FDCPA Defensive Strategies (Part 1) at the National Consumer Law Center’s Fair Debt Collection Practices Conference on March 19-20, 2018 in Chicago, IL.
- 2017 Lectures: Maximizing the Value of Individual TCPA Cases at the National Consumer Law Center’s Consumer Rights Litigation Conference on November 17, 2017 in Washington, DC; Consumer Law Claims in your Client Files Right Now, on May 24, 2017 at the Wilkes-Barre Law and Library Association, Wilkes-Barre, PA and on July 20, 2017 at the Tioga County (Wellsboro, PA) and Lycoming County (Williamsport, PA) Bar Associations; Maximizing the Value of Individual TCPA Cases at the National Consumer Law Center’s Fair Debt Collection Practices Training Conference on March 28, 2017 in New Orleans, LA
- 2015-16 Lectures: Claims Spotting in Repossessions and Auto Loan Collections at the National Consumer Law Center’s Fair Debt Collection Practices Training Conference on March 11, 2016 in Miami, FL; PBI’s Evolving Issues in Fair Debt Collection: FDCPA, TCPA and Beyond in Philadelphia (and simulcast) on June 20, 2016; Ethical Issues Presented by Individual and Class Action Retainer Agreements at the National Consumer Law Center’s Fair Debt Collection Practices Training Conference on March 13, 2015 in Washington, DC; A Consumer Litigator’s Guide to Clients’ Use of Social Media at the 9th Annual meeting of the National Association of Consumer Advocates, Pennsylvania Chapter, at Temple University School of Law on March 20, 2015; Military Consumer Law Readiness Project on June 17, 2015 at U.S. Military Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, in Burlington County, NJ; Consumer Debt Collection on November 4, 2015 at the 71st Annual Legal Assistance Course at the U.S. Judge Advocate General's Legal Center and School, in Charlottesville, VA; Breach of the Peace: Police Involvement in Repossessions on November 12, 2015 at the National Consumer Law Center’s Consumer Rights Litigation Conference in San Antonio, TX.
- Coverage, Consumer Rights and Remedies Under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), PBI No. 2016-9436, Pennsylvania Bar Institute 2016, co-author
- Basics of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, PBI No. 2014-8241, Pennsylvania Bar Institute 2014, co-author
- Robert Hobbs, et. al, Consumer Law Pleadings, National Consumer Law Center 19th ed., 2013
- But Names Will Never Hurt Me? El-Hakem v. BJY, Inc. and Title VII Liability for Race Discrimination Based on an Employee's Name, 16 Temp. Pol. & Civ. Rts. L. Rev. 283 (2006)
- University of Scranton, M.A. in English Literature
- Temple Law School
- Trial Lawyers College, Dubois, WY
- King’s College, B.A. in English Literature, Cum laude
Office location for Andrew M. Milz
450 North Narberth Avenue
Narberth, PA 19072
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2018