Jody T. López-Jacobs
Top Rated Consumer Law Attorney in Narberth, PA
Jody T. López-Jacobs is an attorney with the consumer law firm Flitter Milz, P.C., which has law offices in Narberth and Dunmore, Pennsylvania; Cherry Hill, New Jersey; and Rye Brook, New York. A top-ranked trial lawyer with more than five years of total legal experience, Mr. López-Jacobs provides exceptional counsel and support to a diverse range of clients throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Consumer law
· Vehicle repossession
· Credit reporting issues
· Solar panel fraud
· Abusive debt collection practices
Mr. López-Jacobs has an abiding passion for helping others, and it shows through the highly personalized counsel and dedicated support he provides to all he serves. A graduate of Millersville University in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Mr. López-Jacobs began his legal career as a paralegal working for a prominent employment law firm that represented workers in cases involving unpaid wages, wrongful termination, and other matters.
Mr. López-Jacobs obtained his Juris Doctor magna cum laude from Temple University Beasley School of Law in 2015, where he graduated Order of the Coif and as a fellow in the Rubin Public Interest Law Honor Society. During law school, Mr. López-Jacobs served on the Editorial Board of the Temple Law Review, and won second place in the American Bar Association's 2014 writing competition for Labor and Employment Law.
After law school, Mr. López-Jacobs served as a Judicial Law Clerk for the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Since entering private practice, Mr. López-Jacobs has continued to champion the hardworking people of his communities, and he has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers for his outstanding professionalism and service. He has also received many testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients, and he finds great reward in being able to provide a voice for those who would otherwise have no legal resource for their pressing legal challenges.
Mr. López-Jacobs is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and is also admitted to practice in the federal courts of those states. He is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Montgomery Bar Association and the National Association of Consumer Advocates, among his other professional affiliations.
About Jody T. López-Jacobs
First Admitted: 2015, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.consumerslaw.com/about-us/meet-our-attorneys/jod...
- New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Member of the National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Montgomery Bar Association
- B.A., Sociology, Millersville University, Lancaster, PA, Dean's List
- , Honorary Member, Order of the Coif, 2015
- , Nat N. Wolfsohn Memorial Award in Real Property, Temple University Beasley School of Law, 2015
- , Fellow, Rubin Public Interest Law Honor Society, 2015
- National Writing Competition, Second Place, The College of Labor & Employment Lawyers, 2014
- , Award Recipient, Judicial Internship Opportunity Program, 2013
- $505,000 jury verdict for wrongful repossession., 2018
- Presentation at national conference., Speaker, New Trends in Identity Theft, National Association of Consumer Advocates, 2022
- Presentation on discovery confidentiality, protective orders, and confidentiality agreements., Speaker, Discovery Confidentiality, National Association of Consumer Advocates, 2022
- Article, Storytelling Tips for Lawyers, The Pennsylvania Lawyer, 2019
- Lecture, Protecting a Consumer's Rights, Temple University - Debt Collection, Financial Literacy & Entrepreneurial Empowerment Symposium, 2017
- Presentation, Repossessions: FDCPA Claims, Breach of the Peace, and Big Verdicts, National Consumer Law Center, Consumer Rights Litigation Conference and Class Action Symposium (Boston, MA), 2019
- Article, First But Not the Last: Judge Cathy Bissoon, Pennsylvania Bar Association - Houston's Legacy, 2019
- Host, Superior Court of Pennsylvania En Banc Arguments, PCN, 2018
- Comment, Is There a Border Exception to the Exclusionary Rule?, 87 Temp. L Rev. 611, 2015
- Article, Who Owns the Tips: Chevron and Tip Ownership under the FLSA, The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, 2014
Last Updated: 10/4/2022