Christopher J. Brill
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Newtown, PennsylvaniaChristopher J. Brill, Esq.
Practice Areas: Personal Injury
Licensed in Pennsylvania since: 1978
Education: Temple University Beasley School of Law
Christopher J. Brill, Esq.301 South State Street
Newtown, PA 18940 Phone: 215-860-2500 Email: Christopher J. Brill Visit website
Christopher Brill has been a trial lawyer for over 40 years and limits his practice to representing victims of personal injury. He received his undergraduate degree in music from Temple University and his Juris Doctor degree and then a Master of Law degrees from Temple Law School. He is a Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate by NBTA, an agency approved by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. He is an invited member of ABOTA and is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating for expertise and ethical standards. He is Past President of the Bucks County Bar Association, co-founder of the Bucks County American Inns of Court, former Board member of PaTLA, long term member of PaTLa, and a former Assistant District Attorney in Bucks County. Mr. Brill lectures frequently on the topics of automobile law, bad faith, and UM/UIM arbitrations.
First Admitted: 1978, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: http://www.christopherjbrill.com/bio/
- Invited Member (Associate), American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Eastern PA Chapter
- AV rating (5.0/5.0) by Martindale-Hubbell for the last 20 years
- 3 municipal supervisors wrongfully sued by disgruntled township citizen who alleged that they violated provisions of the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupted Organizations (RICO) law when he was denied a use and occupancy permit by the local zoning hearing board. RICO action dismissed by federal judge. The 3 supervisors then filed a retaliatory civil action against the disgruntled citizen (known as a “Dragonetti Action”) and Mr. Brill was asked to take over the case in preparation for trial when previous counsel declined to represent the supervisors on a contingency fee basis. Pre-trial settlement offer: $0.00. Settlement offer during trial: $25,000.00. Verdict: $3,030,000.00.
- 42-year-old woman referred by another counsel. Spinal injuries from MVA. Dorsal column stimulator implanted. Causal connection of injuries to MVA disputed. Settlement offer at time of referral: $75,000.00. Final settlement: $750,000.00.
- 56-year-old man sustained neck and back injuries from MVA. Minimum property damage. Complaints of chronic neck and back pain. No relevant preexisting history. No claim for disability. Final settlement offer: $23,000.00. Arbitration award: $93,000.00.
- 46-year-old woman with chronic back pain from prior workers compensation injury involved in a motor vehicle accident. Suffered neck and back pain and headaches from MVA. These injuries evolved into posttraumatic fibromyalgia. Defense contested nature, extent and causal connection of injuries. Pre-trial settlement offer: $35,000.00. Verdict: $930,000.00.
- 45-year-old woman referred by other counsel for representation in an underinsured motorist claim. Soft tissue injuries evolved into posttraumatic fibromyalgia. Settlement offer at time of referral: $5,000.00. Settlement offer at trial: $20,000.00. Verdict: $500,000.00 UIM policy limits + additional compensation obtained from subsequent bad faith claim.
- 14-year-old boy attended a paintball party with his father at a Bucks County paintball facility. After wearing a protective face mask provided by the facility and manufactured by an independent company, the boy sustained total loss of vision in one eye when struck by a paintball fired by another boy. Defendants contested liability based upon release signed by father and for other reasons. Case taken over from prior counsel 10 days before trial was scheduled and 1 week after mediation conference failed to result in a resolution after settlement offer of $300,000.00 was made. Four months later, case settled for $740,000.00.
- 45-year-old woman with past medical history of chronic pain due to bladder and bowel problems requiring multiple surgeries involved in a motor vehicle accident. Case referred by another attorney after a defense verdict was entered at the arbitration level. Mr. Brill then took an appeal, scheduled the case for trial and – in the interim – developed the medical evidence to clearly explain the client’s injuries in connection with the accident. In the middle of trial, after the testimony of the doctors was provided, the case settled for the $250,000.00 policy limits.
- 21-year-old man sustained knee injury when he was assaulted by a “bouncer” at a night club. Several arthroscopic surgeries performed on knee, followed by knee reconstruction. Liability and damages contested. No significant pre-trial offer. Case settled after doctors’ courtroom testimony for $450,000.00.
- 24-year-old woman referred by other counsel. Multiple fractures from MVA. Disabled from pre-MVA employment. Settlement: $1,030,000.00.
- Mr. Brill is a frequent course planner and lecturer on the topics of automobile law, bad faith and UM/UIM arbitrations.
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate
- Bar Admission: Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 1978
- Co-Founder/Master/Counselor/Administrator, Bucks County American Inns of Court, 1997-Present
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Bar Admission: United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Chair, Civil Litigation Section, Bucks County Bar Association, 1990-2000
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Trial Lawyers Association
- Bar Admission: United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- President, Bucks County Bar Association, 2001
- Board of Directors, Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, 1995-1997
- Member, Bucks County Bar Association
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, Juris Doctor (1st quintile), 1978
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, Master of Laws (Taxation), 1982
- St. Joseph's Preparatory School, 1969
- The Academy of Advocacy of Temple University School of Law, 1991
- Temple University, Bachelor of Music (cum laude), 1974
- Hunting Park Legal Clinic - offering pro bono work to those in need, 2019
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2023