Robert J. Munley
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Peckville, PA
- Free Consultation
- Virtual Appointments
Robert J. Munley, Certified Criminal Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy since 2003, has offices near Scranton (Peckville) and Stroudsburg. Atty. Munley has been representing clients charged in criminal and DUI cases throughout Northeast Pennsylvania since 1996. Highly regarded by his fellow members of the bar and his clients for his successful track record in the courtroom and at the negotiating table, Mr. Munley has received a 10.0 “Superb” review rating through Avvo. He is the author of an article on closing arguments that was used at a continuing legal education seminar sponsored by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, and he has lectured on topics related to his practice area to groups of fellow attorneys.
Mr. Munley provides aggressive advocacy on behalf of people who have been charged by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania with having committed felony or misdemeanors offenses. His cases in this regard have included driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, drug possession and distribution, assault, rape and other sex crimes, and theft offenses such as burglary and robbery. Mr. Munley has obtained successful results through dismissals and acquittals, and he has also been able to negotiate favorable plea agreements with the prosecutors that have reduced the charges and associated penalties.
Mr. Munley also helps people who have been harmed as a result of the negligence of other parties. To this end, he reviews a particular case and, if he believes that it has merit, he refers it to one of his local associates who handle personal injury claims. He is a 1996 graduate of Widener University Commonwealth Law School.
- 50%Criminal Defense
- 50%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Sex Offenses, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence, DUI/DWI
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Robert J. Munley
First Admitted: 1996, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.attorneymunley.com/robert-j-munley.html
- , ,
- Certified Criminal Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy since 2003. Death penalty Certified by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Have attained not guilty verdicts before juries in Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike, Wayne, Wyoming, and Centre Counties.
- Presented Dynamic Use of Closing Arguments, Criminal Defense Trial from Start to Finish, 2010,
- Valley View High School
- 1980 B.A. Pennsylvania State University, 1990 M.A. Marywood College, 1996 J.D. Widener University.
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Lackawanna Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
Last Updated: 7/26/2022