Andrew S. Youman
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaYouman & Caputo, LLC
As a founding partner at Youman & Caputo, LLC, Andrew S. Youman has dedicated his career to serving plaintiff parties in personal injury, medical malpractice and product liability cases. He primarily serves injured parties and their families in Philadelphia, PA.
In 1989, Mr. Youman completed his bachelor's degree in English at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. He then went on to earn his J.D. at Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, in 1992. His connection to the law school continued far beyond graduation. In fact, he has taught there as an adjunct professor for more than 20 years. He is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts, as well as the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Over the past 28 years of representing clients in catastrophic injury cases, Mr. Youman has secured more than $500 million in compensation for his clients. Not surprisingly, he ranks among the top 100 lawyers in the state of Pennsylvania. His reputation also earned him a place on the Civil Procedural Rules Committee, which served the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Youman has also established and maintained memberships in several professional organizations. These include the American Association for Justice, Pennsylvania Association for Justice, and the Philadelphia Bar Association. When he's not seeking compensation on behalf of his clients or educating the next generation of litigators, he's spending quality time with his wife and two children.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Dental malpractice, Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Brain injury, Trucking accidents
- 80% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1992, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://youmancaputo.com/attorney-profiles/andrew-s-youman/
- Courses taught: Deposition Advocacy (2018-present); Civil Pretrial Practice (1999-2017) , Adjunct Professor of Law, Villanova University Law School.
- Board of Governors - Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania Civil Procedural Rules Committee
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Member
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Since 2006
- Top 100 lawyers, 2012
- University of Wisconsin, B.A., 1989
Office location for Andrew S. Youman
100-120 North 18th St
Philadelphia, PA 19103