Barry J. Scatton
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaMorgan & Morgan
An attorney at Morgan & Morgan in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Barry J. Scatton represents clients with personal injury cases, with a special emphasis on medical malpractice, involving birth injuries, brain injuries and wrongful death.
Mr. Scatton has a genuine concern for his clients who have been harmed due to the negligence and carelessness of health care establishments and medical providers. He is well-aware of the financial, emotional and psychological impact such injuries can have on an individual, and he zealously advocates for his clients’ rights.
Admitted to practice in the state of Pennsylvania and New Jersey and before the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the Western District of Pennsylvania, Mr. Scatton has been licensed since 2017. With a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science and government from the Temple University, Mr. Scatton earned his Juris Doctor from the Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law.
Mr. Scatton later clerked for a renowned judge in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Mass Tort Program. Before joining Morgan & Morgan, he served with a plaintiff’s firm that represented clients against giant pharmaceutical companies for their involvement in the opioid epidemic. Active in his community, Mr. Scatton served as pro bono volunteer at the SeniorLAW Center and served as pro bono legal volunteer for the SOAR Project of the Homeless Advocacy Project.
Actively affiliated with prominent legal associations, Mr. Scatton is a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Association for Justice, the American Association for Justice and The National Trial Lawyers. Honored for his remarkable contributions to the legal field, Mr. Scatton is included in the list of Top 40 Under 40 by The National Trial Lawyers.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Medical malpractice, Personal injury - plaintiff
- 50% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 50% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1976, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/barry-j-scatton/
- Temple University with a B.A. in Political Science, 2010
- National Trial Lawyers Association: Top 40 Under 40
- Pennsylvania 2017
- American Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 2021
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2019
- New Jersey, 2018
Office location for Barry J. Scatton
2005 Market St.
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Rising Stars: 2022
Find me online
- We'll always be here #ForThePeople 💪 https://t.co/mrG4RIolZG
- We have partnered with @MonsterJam to bring you $20 tickets for the next #MonsterJam near you!! Visit… https://t.co/QquC7Hj7AH
- Another stellar attorney has joined our team! Please help us welcome Robert Young! ✔️ Joining our Marietta, GA off… https://t.co/ru2m8XZD4F