Bruce M. Ludwig
Top rated employment & labor attorney in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaWillig, Williams & Davidson
Practice Areas: Employment & labor, Class action & mass torts
Licensed in Pennsylvania since: 1976
Education: University of Pennsylvania Law School
A partner in Willig, Williams & Davidson’s labor department, Bruce M. Ludwig has been representing unions and working individuals for more than 30 years. He counsels and represents clients in state and federal courts and administrative matters ranging from discrimination and civil rights disputes to pension, retirement, unemployment compensation and wage and hour issues.
Resident in the firm’s Philadelphia office, Bruce is a skilled litigator and strategist who has served as counsel and/or chief negotiator for a diverse array of labor organizations and their members. He represents clients at all levels of state and federal litigation and advocates on their behalf before numerous boards, agencies and commissions, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission (PaHRC), among others.
Bruce takes pride in protecting the rights of hard-working individuals and the unions that represent them. In a case involving the State System of Higher Education, he secured the pension rights of state employees before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. He also served as counsel in a wage and hour matter that resolved with a $2.2 million settlement for home care workers. In recognition of the interplay of government and workers’ rights, Bruce performed pro bono legal work during the 2000 presidential electoral fight that took place in Florida.
Bruce graduated Magna Cum Laude with his Bachelor of Arts from Yale College and received his law degree from University of Pennsylvania Law School.
First Admitted: 1976, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: http://www.wwdlaw.com/attorney/19/bruce-m-ludwig
- Martindale-Hubbel, AV Rated
- Yale College, B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 1973
- AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee, 1984 - Present
- Philadelphia Bar Association, 1985 - Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 1977 - Present
- Sierra Club, 1979 - Present
- Bruce M. Ludwig, a labor and employment law attorney and partner with Willig, Williams & Davidson, represents unions and working individuals in matters ranging from discrimination and civil rights disputes to pension, retirement, unemployment compensation and wage and hour issues. Bruce shares insight on what constitutes wage theft and discusses the firm's focus on the rights of employees in the workplace., Willig, Williams & Davidson Attorney Bruce Ludwig Explains Employer Violations of Wage and Hour Laws , 2012
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2023