David F. Stern
Top rated Workers' Compensation attorney in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaStern & Cohen
Practice Areas: Workers' Compensation
Licensed in Pennsylvania since: 2000
Education: University of Pittsburgh School of Law
Attorney David F. Stern is a partner with Stern & Cohen, P.C., law firm in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. A top-rated lawyer with more than 20 years of total legal experience, Mr. Stern focuses his practice solely on workers' compensation law, and he provides invaluable counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Philadelphia metro and the surrounding areas of Montgomery, Chester, Delaware and Bucks counties who seek their rightful benefits following a debilitating work-related injury.
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Stern has assisted thousands of clients with obtaining the full amount of compensation they deserve after suffering a serious injury that has left them unable to work. He has gained a reputation for his fierce advocacy on behalf of his clients as well as his unwavering dedication to assisting disabled workers and their families during a very difficult and uncertain time in their lives.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Stern has earned perennial recognition from The Best Lawyers in America over the past 10 years, and he has received designation as among the Top 100 Lawyers in Philadelphia and Pennsylvania. He has also received the Best of the Bar award from the Philadelphia Business Journal as well as was chosen among the Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in Pennsylvania from The National Trial Lawyers.
A 1997 graduate of the University of Delaware, Mr. Stern obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 2000. A leader in his field, he has several publications to his credit, and he has conducted lectures and continuing legal education seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics.
Mr. Stern is an active member of the Philadelphia Bar Association's Workers' Compensation Section, the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, where he also served on the board. He has also served on the board of governors of the Pennsylvania Association For Justice, and he is heavily involved with the Workers Injury Law & Advocacy Group.
Mr. Stern also volunteers his time and services for the Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program, and he received inclusion in the Pro Bono Honor Roll for the first judicial district of Pennsylvania. He is also active with various charitable and civic organizations in his area.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
First Admitted: 2000, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://sterncohenlaw.com/david-stern/
- Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in Pennsylvania by The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Top 100 Lawyers in both Pennsylvania and Philadelphia
- Philly VIP’s Volunteer of the Month, September 2011
- Best Lawyers, 2013-2016
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- First Judicial District of Pennsylvania Pro Bono Roll of Honor, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2013
- Super Lawyers, 2012-2016
- Public Justice
- Workers Injury Law Advocacy Group (WILG)
- Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program (Philly VIP)
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Amicus Curiae Committee, Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Membership Committee, Member, Board of Governors
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association (PTLA), Future Leaders Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Workers’ Compensation Section, Eastern District Chair, 2011
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association (PTLA), Board Member, 2013
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Member
- University of Delaware, Major: Finance, Honors: Division One athlete, 1997
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2007 - 2008, 2010 - 2011