Deborah M. Lerner
Top rated Employee Benefits attorney in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaWillig, Williams & Davidson
Practice Areas: Employee Benefits
Licensed in Pennsylvania since: 1977
Education: Villanova University School of Law
The chair of Willig, Williams & Davidson’s employee benefits department, Deborah M. Lerner has more than 30 years of experience in tax and employee benefits law. She counsels and represents numerous public and private-sector single and multi-employer funds on a broad range of benefit and tax matters.
Deborah specializes in representing trustees of single and multi-employer pension and health and welfare plans with respect to tax, ERISA and plan administration issues. She also advises individuals regarding employment, pension and benefit matters.
Deborah also serves as an adjunct professor at Temple University Beasley School of Law, where she teaches courses in the school’s graduate tax program. She is a member of the editorial board of theJournal of Taxation of Exempt Organizations . As a lecturer, Deborah has presented for groups such as the American Bar Association, the Conference of Consulting Actuaries, the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans.
In 2006, Deborah’s peers elected her to membership in the prestigious American College of Employee Benefit Lawyers, the highest honor afforded to a practitioner in this practice area. Deborah earned an LL.M. in taxation from Villanova University School of Law in 1986. She received the Prentice Hall Award in Federal Income Taxation and was valedictorian of her graduating class. She also earned her juris doctor from Villanova University School of Law, where she was on the moot court board and served as a teaching assistant.
First Admitted: 1977, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: http://www.wwdlaw.com/attorney/7/deborah-m-lerner
- Fellow, American College of Employee Benefits Counsel, 2007-present
- Top Rated Lawyer, American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell, 2013
- Best Lawyers in America, 2006-2017
- Bryn Mawr College, A.B., Cum Laude, 1973
- Villanova University School of Law, LL.M., 1986
- American Bar Association, 1977 - Present; Section Labor Law and Employment Co-Chair Welfare Plans Committee of Employee Benefits Committee, 2001 - Present
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans, 1994 - Present; Appointed Member of CLE Committee, 2005 - 2007
- Journal of Taxation of Exempt Organizations Board of Advisors
- Adjunct Professor, Villanova University School of Law
- Pennsylvania employee benefits attorney Deborah M. Lerner from labor union and employment law firm Willig, Williams & Davidson discusses the firm's experience with employee benefits law. The Pennsylvania attorneys specialize in labor and employment law and represent unions and the working class in Philadelphia and throughout the state of Pennsylvania. The firm's Benefits Group provides legal services in connection with the establishment and maintenance of a wide variety of pension, profit sharing, health and welfare, severance, training and education plans, for public and private, single and multi-employer funds., Willig, Williams & Davidson Attorney Deborah Lerner Discusses Employee Benefits, 2012
- Employee Benefits Law, Third Edition, 2015 Cumulative Supplement, Chapter Editor, BNA Books, 2015