James A. Bell
Top rated employment litigation attorney in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaBell & Bell LLP
As a founding partner at Bell & Bell LLP, James A. Bell is a seasoned litigator regarding employment and general litigation matters. He handles cases involving sexual harassment, wrongful termination, discrimination and other employment-related claims for clients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Mr. Bell earned his Bachelor of Arts from Villanova University, and in 1997 he graduated cum laude from the Georgetown University Law Center. While at law school, he served as a project editor for The Georgetown Law Journal. Prior to practicing law, he served in the United States Navy as a Gunnery Officer and a Nuclear Weapons Security Officer.
Following law school he joined Dechert, Price & Rhoads LLP, focusing on civil litigation cases and clients. In 2001 he joined Pelino & Lentz, P.C., where he focused on employment, civil rights and commercial litigation. He cofounded Bell & Bell LLP in 2004 where he has successfully handled cases and served as lead trial council regarding fraud, breach of contract, defamation and other employment claims.
Mr. Bell is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the Middle District of Pennsylvania and the District of New Jersey. He is admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia. He has lectured on a number of employment law topics ranging from discrimination to retaliation to employment litigation motion practice, and others. He holds a "Superb" 10.0 rating through Avvo.
Practice areasEmployment litigation: plaintiff, Civil rights, Employment & labor: employee, Employment litigation: defense
Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Employment law - employer, Americans with disabilities act, Race discrimination, Disability, Discrimination, Employment law - employee, Unions, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Labor law
- 30% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 30% Civil rights
- 20% Employment & labor: employee
- 20% Employment litigation: defense
First Admitted: 1998, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.bellandbelllaw.com/attorneys/jim-bio
- Philadelphia Magazine's Super Lawyers for 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Villanova University, B.A.
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Office location for James A. Bell
1617 JFK Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Super Lawyers: 2010, 2014 - 2023