Jason S. Weiss
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Philadelphia, PA
Jason S. Weiss is an attorney at Saltz Mongeluzzi & Bendesky P.C. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. A skilled trial lawyer, he represents the injured in personal injury actions, including medical malpractice cases. He is a proud member of the SMB Medical Malpractice Team. He also has experience with construction acctidents, product liability and has litigated many wrongful death cases.
Since becoming a lawyer 10 years ago, Mr. Weiss has quickly built a reputation for committed representation and a track record of successful settlements and verdicts on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Weiss is a graduate of The George Washington University in Washington, D.C., where he studied political science and creative writing. He earned his law degree at Rutgers Law School – Camden, where he served on the staff of the Rutgers Law Journal and as a teaching assistant for legal analysis writing and research. Also during his time in law school, he served as an intern at a Philadelphia law firm and as a legal intern for an investment company. He also served as an extern for a federal judge.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Weiss worked for a year as a law clerk for a judge on the Superior Court of New Jersey. Next, he spent eight and a half years working for a prominent Philadelphia law firm where he represented those who had suffered catastrophic injury and the estates of victims of wrongful death. In 2020, he joined Saltz Mongeluzzi & Bendesky P.C., which has earned a national reputation for its successful representation of the injured in construction accident, worksite injury, medical malpractice and other types of injury-related legal actions.
- 80%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2022
About Jason S. Weiss
First Admitted: 2010, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.smbb.com/attorney/jason-s-weiss/
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- New Jersey
- Rutgers Law Journal
- 2016 Top 40 under 40: Civil Plaintiff by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- 2017-2019 Best Lawyers
- 2016 Knight Foundation “Who’s Next: Law”
- 2016-2020 SuperLawyers Rising Star: Medical Malpractice
- Since 2016, Jason has been selected as a Super Lawyer: Rising Star, distinguished in Medical Malpractice as a Plaintiff’s attorney. He has also been recognized for inclusion in the Best Lawyers™ publication since 2017.
- National Trial Lawyers Association as a Top 40 under 40 in the category of Civil Plaintiff.
- $2 million in a medical malpractice case for failing to diagnose breast cancer
- $1 million in a failure to diagnose conjugated hyperbilirubinemia and coagulopathy settled during trial
- $1.25 million for a failure to diagnose and treat bacterial meningitis
- $1.6 million in a methadone overdose case settled during trial
- $2.7 million in a wrongful death and survival action for failing to diagnose cancer
- $6.4 million in a construction site brain injury
- $3.1 million in a medical malpractice case for failing to properly insert a spinal cord stimulator
- $3.8 million in a medical malpractice case for negligent performance of a laminectomy discectomy
- $4 million in a wrongful death and survival action for failure to diagnose renal cell carcinoma
- $45 million judgment in the Tacony “Dungeon Case”
- $6.5 million in a premises liability action against a university
- The George Washington University, 2007
- Rutgers School of Law, 2010
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022