Lane J. Fisher
Top rated franchise & dealership attorney in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaFisherZucker, LLC
Practice Areas: Franchise & dealership, Business litigation, Mergers & acquisitions
Licensed in Pennsylvania since: 1989
Handling matters of franchise law for those in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Lane J. Fisher brings 28 years of experience to FisherZucker LLC. Mr. Fisher currently handles complex franchise litigation and business transactions for more than 500 franchise brands and has worked on and chaired the following sections of the International Franchise Association: the supplier forum, the legal symposium task force, the membership committee, the board of directors, the research committee and the multi-unit franchisee task force.
A graduate of George Washington University, where he earned a Master of Business Administration in international business and a Bachelor of Business Administration in finance, Mr. Fisher also obtained a Juris Doctor from the Washington College of Law at American University. He is a regular contributor and commentator for programs such as the Franchise Law Journal, Franchise Update, Franchise Times, The Franchise Lawyers, CNN-fn, CN8 and INC. magazine.
Mr. Fisher is admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, the Supreme Court of New Jersey, the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Named a leader in the field by Chambers USA 2013, Mr. Fisher is also a member of the forum committee on franchising within the American Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the franchise law committee of the New Jersey Bar Association and the Philadelphia Bar Association’s franchise law committee.
First Admitted: 1989, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://fisherzucker.com/our-practice/our-attorneys/lane-fis...
- PAFI: The Activation Process – From Site Selection to Grand Opening, July 13, 2014
- George Washington University: Executive MBA Program: Franchising Presentation, June 27, 2014
- “Behind the Curtain” look at Private Equity at Riverside’s Headquarters, June 18, 2014
- International Franchise Expo: June 19-21, 2014: The Franchisor-Franchisee Relationship
- International Franchise Expo, June 19-21, 2014: What’s Your Story?
- NRA Show, May 16th-20th, 2014: Your Menu For Franchise Success: What you Need to Do to Hit it Big
- Multi-Unit Franchising Conference: April 23-25, 2014: Understanding Your FDD & Franchise Agreement
- IFA’s 2013 Franchise Development Seminar – Philadelphia – July 17-18, 2013
- Franchoice Conference in Nashville-July 10-12, 2013: Life in the Fast Lane
- What’s Your Story? Putting your best face, facts and figures in front of the media
- International Franchise Association, Research Committee, 2008 – Present
- International Franchise Association, Chair, Legal Symposium Task Force, 2006 – 2009
- International Franchise Association, Multi Unit Franchisee Task Force, 2008 – Present
- International Franchise Association, Member, Board of Directors, 2005 – Present
- International Franchise Association, Membership Committee Chair, 2006 – Present
- International Franchise Association, Past Chair of the Supplier Forum, 2005 – 2006
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 1989
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1990
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1990
- American Bar Association, Forum Committee on Franchising, Member
- New Jersey Bar Association, Franchise Law Committee, Member
- New Jersey
- Supreme Court of New Jersey, 1990
- United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, 2007
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Franchise Law Committee, Member
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 2006
- George Washington University, B.B.A. in finance, 1985
- George Washington University, M.B.A. in international business, 1986
- Pennsylvania SuperLawyers in the field of Franchise and Distribution, 2004
- Named one of 20 to Watch in the coming year, Franchise Times Magazine, 2007
- Listed as a "Leader in the Field", Chambers USA, 2013
- Recognized as “Legal Eagles”, 2001-Present
- Who's Who Legal's 2012 Franchise Edition
- Named an “Awesome Attorney”, in the field of Intellectual Property, Suburban Life Magazine, September 26, 2011 edition
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2014, 2017 - 2023