Lauren A. Wimmer
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaWimmer Criminal Defense, PC
A criminal defense and civil rights attorney, Lauren A. Wimmer represents clients in Philadelphia and the surrounding towns and counties in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Founder of Wimmer Criminal Defense, PC, she defends clients in federal and state courts for charges such as aggravated assault, homicide, robbery, Driving Under the Influence (DUI/DWI), drug crimes and weapons offenses. Her law firm gained national media attention after she was tapped to represent the two men arrested at the Starbucks in Philadelphia at the time of their arrest. A straightforward, trustworthy and reliable attorney, Ms. Wimmer is committed to protecting the future of every client.
Admitted to practice in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania, Ms. Wimmer is a member of the Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey, the Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Philadelphia Bar Association, and the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML). A tireless advocate, Ms. Wimmer knows where to look for weaknesses in testimony and physical evidence to help her clients avoid time behind bars.
Ms. Wimmer graduated from Rutgers Law School with a Juris Doctor and served as the co-chair of the Mary Philbrook Public Interest Awards, the Women’s Law Caucus’ president and the Rutgers Journal of Law & Public Policy’s managing articles editor. When she graduated, Ms. Wimmer was also given the Pro Bono Publico Award by the American Bar Association, and she received an award from the National Association of Women Lawyers.
In the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Ms. Wimmer worked as an extern while in law school. She also has several years as a judicial law clerk in the criminal trial division of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas in her background and is extensively experienced in how the criminal justice system works.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Civil rights, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Prosecution, Sex offenses, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 2015, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://wimmercriminaldefense.com/about/
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey (ACDL-NJ)
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (PACDL)
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Member, National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML)
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association
- New Jersey
- Pro Bono Publico Award
- Through a stringent selection process, the NACDA awards the best criminal defense attorneys in each state with the most prestigious honor of being named "TOP 10". , Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys Under 40 In Pennsylvania, National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2019
- Selection to America’s Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys® is by invitation only and is comprised of the nation’s most exceptional White-Collar and General Criminal Defense Attorneys whose accomplishments merit recognition. Membership among America’s Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys® is meant to identify and promote the most outstanding and impactful legal talent currently serving throughout the nation. Only 100 attorneys in each state* will receive this honor and be selected for membership among America’s Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys®., Member, Criminal Defense, America’s Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2019
- Recognition for a top attorney in the field of Criminal Defense, Member, Criminal Defense, Lawyers of Distinction, 2018
- Top 40 Under 40 for Pennsylvania, Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers, 2018
- Women’s Law Caucus, Rutgers University School of Law, President
- National Association of Women Lawyers Award
- Awarded “Best Brief” in the Judge James Hunter III Moot Court Competition, Rutgers University School of Law
- Mary Philbrook Public Interest Awards, Rutgers University School of Law, Co-Chair
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40 is a professional organization composed of the top trial lawyers from each state or region who are under the age of 40. Membership is extended solely to the select few of the most qualified attorneys from each state who demonstrate superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature and public profile measured by objective and uniformly applied standards in compliance with state bar and national Rule 4-7. Invitees must exemplify superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership as a young lawyer under the age of 40. Selection is based on a thorough multi-phase objective process which includes peer nominations combined with third-party research., Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers, 2017
- The Lawyers of Distinction is recognized as the fastest growing community of distinguished lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to the top 10% of attorneys in the United States. Members are accepted based upon objective evaluation of an attorney’s qualifications, license, reputation, experience, and disciplinary history., Member, Criminal Defense, Lawyers of Distinction, 2017
- Rutgers Journal of Law & Public Policy, Rutgers University School of Law, Managing Articles Editor
- Professor J.C. Lore, Director of Trial Advocacy, Rutgers University School of Law, Research Assistant
Office location for Lauren A. Wimmer
505 South Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2023