Melinda M. Previtera
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Philadelphia, PA
Melinda M. Previtera focuses her practice in all areas of family law including divorce, child support and custody, same-sex marriage rights, and domestic violence law.
Building great relationships with clients is the cornerstone to Melinda’s successful practice as a family law attorney. Her passion and experience allows her to tackle the most complicated cases with confidence and knowledge to obtain the best outcomes for her clients. As partner, she is the attorney team lead and acts as a mentor for the firm’s associates.
“Working in this intense legal field is a privilege which continues to spark my love for litigation, negotiation, and advocacy.”
Prior to moving to private practice, Ms. Previtera served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable James P. Savio in the family division. After working at Petrelli Law as an associate, Melinda joined the firm as a partner in 2017.
Melinda earned her law degree from Rutgers School of Law. While at Rutgers, she received a certification in mediation, conducted research in child advocacy rights, and completed a domestic violence clinic. She earned dual bachelor’s degrees, cum laude, from Dickinson College. She is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
In addition to her legal background, Ms. Previtera is an executive committee member of the Justinian Society and an active member of both the Nicholas A. Ciprani Inn of Court and the Philadelphia Bar Association.
The International Women’s Leadership Association recognized Melinda as a “Woman of Outstanding Leadership” for her personal and professional achievements and for her dedication to supporting other women in reaching their goals. She was also selected for inclusion in the 2016 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list – an honor given to attorneys younger than 40 or who have been in practice for 10 years or less. Also in 2016, Melinda was named to the Top 40 under 40 list by the Institute of Family Lawyers.
- 80%Family Law
- 20%Estate Planning & Probate
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Estate Planning, Living Wills, Probate & Estate Administration, Wills
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2022
About Melinda M. Previtera
First Admitted: 2010, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: http://www.petrellilaw.com/personnel/melinda-m-previtera/
- Selected for inclusion to Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® Rising Stars – 2016 to Present, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® Rising Stars
- Named a Woman of Outstanding Leadership by the International Women’s Leadership Association, International Women’s Leadership Association
- Selected for inclusion to Institute of Family Lawyers Top 40 under 40 – 2016 to Present, Institute of Family Lawyers Top 40 under 40
- University of the District of Columbia, David A. Clarke School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia Honors: Deans Fellow-Fall 2006 and Spring 2007
- Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Arts, Honors: Alpha Lamda Delta Honor Society, Major: Political Science, Minor: Women Studies, May, 2006
- Cipriani Inns of Court Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Division Section Committee
- New Jersey, 2010
- Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Member, Philadelphia Bar Association, Family Law Section Committee
- Pennsylvania, 2010
- Justinian Society Board Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Women in the Profession Committee
Pro bono/Community Service
- Fuel the Cure Volunteer - 2007 to Present
- Motion to Bifurcate Divorce - GRANTED. , 2012
Last Updated: 5/15/2022