Paul B. Himmel
Top rated Workers' Compensation attorney in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaFreedman & Lorry, P.C.
Workers’ compensation attorney Paul B. Himmel is a partner at the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, law firm of Freedman & Lorry, P.C. For more than three decades, he has been helping those suffering from workplace injuries throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey navigate through the complex workers’ compensation system. He has also litigated a number of products liability, medical malpractice and other personal injury cases in state and federal courts.
Mr. Himmel has been certified as a Pennsylvania workers’ compensation law specialist by the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Workers’ Compensation Section. Since beginning his career, he has dedicated himself to representing the interests of hardworking people. A professional and compassionate attorney, he answers all his clients’ questions, and is honest and upfront regarding the whole process and possibilities of the outcome.
An attorney in active practice, Mr. Himmel holds memberships in organizations such as the Pennsylvania Association for Justice, the American Association for Justice, the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, the Philadelphia Bar Association, the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans, the American Bar Association’s Workers’ Compensation and Employers’ Liability Committee, and the American Bar Association’s Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section. He has co-presented in the Philadelphia Bar Association on “Termination Following a Work Injury.”
In addition to being listed among the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Pennsylvania by The National Trial Lawyers, Mr. Himmel has a “Superb” Avvo rating. He has been recognized as Martindale-Hubbell Notable* by his peers. PhillyLabor.com added him to the Who’s Who in Injury & Injured Workers Advocacy list in 2017.
Upon completing his undergraduate studies at Emory University, Mr. Himmel obtained his Juris Doctor from Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law. He devotes part of his time to serving as a fund counsel for Laborers District Council, Plasterer Tenders and Laborers Health and Welfare Plan.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasWorkers' Compensation: Claimant, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 70% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 30% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1990, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.freedmanlorry.com/attorney-profiles/paul-b-himme...
- Board of Directors, Fair Housing Rights Center of Southeastern Pennsylvania (PHRC).
- Member, Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, American Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Philadelphia Bar Association, 1990
- Member, National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Pennsylvania
- Member, International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans.
- Member, American Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation and Employers’ Liability Committee, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 1990
- State of New Jersey, 1990
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Awarded PhillyLabor Who’s Who in Injury and Injured Workers Advocacy List for 2017
- Chosen by National Trial Lawyers as Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Pennsylvania, 2017
- Fund Counsel, Laborers’ District Council Plasterers, Tenders & Laborers’ Health and Welfare Fund
- Emory University, B.A., 1987
- Certified Specialist in Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation, Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Section in Workers’ Compensation Law, 2015
- Co-Presenter, Termination Following a Work Injury, Philadelphia Bar Association, April 7, 2017, Co-Presenter, Termination Following a Work Injury, Philadelphia Bar Association, 2017
Office location for Paul B. Himmel
1601 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023