Top Rated Products Liability Attorney in Philadelphia, PA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012 - 2021
- Free Consultation
Robert W. Zimmerman has obtained numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for Saltz Mongeluzzi & Bendesky clients. Robert has been selected as a "Super Lawyer" in 2022 and as a "Rising Star" from 2012-2021 in Philadelphia Magazine's Super Lawyers edition.
Mr. Zimmerman's practice includes construction and workplace accidents, crane and aerial lift accidents, burn and electrical injury accidents, sports and recreational accidents, and product liability cases. He is licensed to practice in the State and Federal Courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and in 2012 was admitted to the United States Supreme Court.
Education, Training and Experience
Robert is a graduate of King's College, in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., where he was a member of the Mu Kappa Tau Honor Society and student government, and was the basketball team's play-by-play radio broadcaster.
Robert holds a law degree from the Villanova University School of Law (2008), where he served a judicial externship in the Civil Division of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas and was a member of various legal interest groups, including the Pro Bono Society and Child Advocacy Law Association. As a member of Villanova's Civil Justice Clinic, he was authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court to represent clients who could not afford to hire attorneys in civil lawsuits while still in school. Robert clerked during law school for one of Philadelphia's major general defense firms before joining Saltz Mongeluzzi Barrett & Bendesky in the summer of 2007
In May, 2011 Robert graduated from the nationally ranked LL.M. (Master's of Law) in Trial Advocacy Program at the Temple University Beasley School of Law. He now serves as a Lecturer and Judge Instructor for current students.
Robert has hands on experience with the tools and equipment used by the construction workers he represents. He is a Certified Aerial Lift Operator, Crane Operator, Rigger, and Signalman. Robert has also completed the OSHA 10 hour safety course and taken courses in Architectural Drawings.
Robert is a leader among the Pennsylvania legal profession. He has been elected to the Philadelphia Bar Association Young Lawyer's Divisions Executive Committee, where he served a three year term. He was also elected Treasurer of the Executive Committee cabinet in 2015. Mr. Zimmerman is the current President of the Future Leaders Section of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association and sits on the board of the Association. He is on the Leadership Council of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice's Future Leader Section. Mr. Zimmerman has lectured and presented at Temple University School of Law, Widener School of Law, and to the Philadelphia Bar Association on over a dozen occasions.
Robert was raised in Northeast Philadelphia. He currently resides in Center City Philadelphia.
- 30%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 70%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Defects, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2021
About Robert Zimmerman
First Admitted: 2008, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.smbb.com/attorney/robert-w-zimmerman/
- Rising Star, Philadelphia Magazine's Superlawyers edition, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Mr. Zimmerman has lectured in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Nevada on Product Liability, Workplace Accident and Negligence Actions.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Judge Pro Tem, Philadelphia County Civil Trial Division
- Mock Trial Coach- Strawberry Mansion High School, 2011
- Mock Trial Judge for Philadelphia High Schools
- Philadelphia VIP Pro Bono, 2012
- King's College, in Wilkes-Barre, Honors: Mu Kappa Tau Honor Society, Member, Honors: Student Government, Member
- Villanova Law School, 2008
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, LLM in Trial Advocacy, 2011
- United States Supreme Court, 2012
- 8th Circuit Court of Appeals, 2022
- Future Leaders Section of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, President
- Board Member- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, 2018
- State and Federal Courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Philadelphia Bar Association YLD Executive Committee, Treasurer, 2015
- Board Member- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, 2018
- Chair, Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Future Leaders Section, 2016
- Philadelphia Bar Association Young Lawyer's Divisions Executive Committee
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice's Future Leader Section, Leadership Council
- OSHA 10 Certified, 2018
- Certified Aerial Lift Operator, Crane Operator, Rigger, and Signalman
- Represented catastrophically injured victim in industrial workplace accident., 2020
- Represented family of deceased ironworker killed on a construction site., 2021
- $4.6 Million settlement in Product Liability Workplace Accident https://www.smbb.com/verdict-settlement/one-of-the-largest-hand-amputation-resolutions-in-new-jersey-history/?fbclid=IwAR3NFe8ioZQBy9ucnMZAvBSRKJcvJnIxsOnnxsvGyu2ksOHQMQmvDqij-n8, 2020
- $7 Million Wrongful Death Settlement in New Jersey https://www.smbb.com/news-article/7-million-record-settlement-reached-for-estate-of-motorist-killed-by-reckless-new-jersey-school-bus-driver/?fbclid=IwAR0bH15mbvvAJ-FBhbyZ8mx9jj9TXrYTiIQkVcciQmAXnP2GIeK7A6eTpPY, 2019
- $24 Million Product Liability Settlement in Industrial Workplace Accidenthttps://www.smbb.com/verdict-settlement/24-million-settlement-against-an-international-us-based-industrial-equipment-manufacturer/, 2020
Last Updated: 7/13/2022