Ryan A. Hancock
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Philadelphia, PA
Ryan Allen Hancock is of counsel and chair of the Employment Law Department of Willig, Williams & Davidson.
An experienced employment law attorney, Ryan is a passionate advocate for working people who have suffered discrimination in the workplace. He counsels and represents clients in matters relating to sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation and whistleblower actions, wrongful termination, employee benefits, overtime and wage and hour concerns, and employment agreements, including contract negotiation, non-compete agreements, and severance.
Before joining Willig, Williams & Davidson, Ryan was assistant chief counsel of the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission, the Commonwealth’s civil rights enforcement agency. As assistant chief counsel, Ryan successfully litigated a wide range of discrimination matters including claims based upon sexual orientation, religious accommodation, disability, race, sex, and denial of employment based on a criminal record.
Ryan co-founded and is board chair of the Philadelphia Lawyers for Social Equity and its Criminal Record Expungement Project. He also is a member of the Young Professional Advisory Board for the Bethesda Project, which provides shelter, housing, and other support to chronically homeless men and women.
About Ryan A. Hancock
First Admitted: 2004, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.wwdlaw.com/attorney/ryan-a-hancock/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member, Young Professional Advisory Board, Bethesda Project, 2013-present
- Co-Founder and Board Chair, Criminal Record Expungement PRoject, Philadelphia Lawyers for Social Equity, 2010-present
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- MENTOR, First Judicial District of PA, Steering Committee, 2013-present
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- University of the Arts, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, B.F.A., 1999
- Author, The Double Bind: Obstacles to Employment and Resources for Survivors of the Criminal Justice System, University of Pennsylvania Journal of Law and Social Change, 2012
- Co-Author, Expungements: The Silver Lining of the Crimes Code, Pennsylvania Bar Institute No. 2013-7349 Vol. 2, 2013
- "Pro-Bono Partner of the Month", Public Interest Law Center, 2015
- Philadelphia's 3rd Senatorial District Community Service Award, 2017
Last Updated: 5/15/2022