Sidney L. Gold
Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaSidney L. Gold & Associates, P.C.
Mr. Gold is the principal shareholder of the Pennsylvania & New Jersey employment law firm of Sidney L. Gold & Associates, P.C. in Philadelphia, which has been recognized by the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register as a preeminent law firm in the field of employment law and civil rights litigation. His practice, as well as that of the law firm, is exclusively concentrated in the representation of both employees and employers in all aspects of employment related litigation in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, including claims under federal and state anti-discrimination laws and federal civil rights laws.
As a New Jersey and Pennsylvania employment lawyer, he has extensive experience counseling employers regarding compliance with Title VII, the ADA, and the ADEA and FMLA. Mr. Gold has significant experience in representing both private sector and public sector employers, including state universities and municipalities in employment and civil rights matters. His labor law firm was lead counsel in the nationwide class action against Abercrombie & Fitch.
He has written extensively on issues of employment discrimination and has authored many articles for the Legal Intelligencer and Pennsylvania Law Weekly. Mr. Gold has also given presentations on employment law to the Philadelphia Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Bar Institute. He is well-recognized as the preeminent Pennsylvania employment lawyer and is often asked to appear on local news broadcasts to discuss the latest employment law topics of interest.
He serves as an arbitrator and mediator for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. He has also served as Vice Chair of the Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association. Mr. Gold has also served as Co-Chair of the Labor and Employment Law Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association for seven years. In addition, he is a member of the Professional Guidance Committee, the Federal Courts Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association and the Labor and Employment Law Committee of the Pennsylvania Bar Association. Mr. Gold also serves on the Faculty and Planning Committee of the Pennsylvania Bar Institute Employment Law Institute.
Mr. Gold was selected for inclusion in Philadelphia Magazine’s Super Lawyers in the area of employment law each year since 2004. Mr. Gold was named to the Best Lawyers in America for the years, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016. He has earned the highest rating of preeminence in the field of employment law by the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register. Martindale-Hubbell has additionally rated him as an “AV Rated” attorney for fifteen consecutive years – the highest possible peer review rating in Legal Ability and Ethical Standards.
Attorney Gold has been selected as a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation, an honorary organization of lawyers, judges, and legal scholars whose public and private careers have demonstrated outstanding dedication to the welfare of their communities and to the highest principles of the legal profession. Moreover, Mr. Gold is a founding member of the Third Circuit Court of Appeal Bar Association.
Mr. Gold is a 1975 graduate of Temple University School of Law. Before entering private practice, Mr. Gold served as an Assistant City Solicitor for the City of Philadelphia in its Major Trial Division. He has litigated complex cases before courts throughout the United States, and has been admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second, Third and Fourth Circuits and the United States Supreme Court.
Practice areasEmployment & Labor
- 100% Employment & Labor
First Admitted: 1975, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: http://www.discrimlaw.net/attorneys/sidney-l-gold
- Co-Chair, Labor and Employment Law Committee, Philadelphia Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- Vice Chair, Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter, National Employment Lawyers Association
- Member, Faculty and Planning Committee, Pennsylvania Bar Institute Employment Law Institute
- Pennsylvania, 1975
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1998
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Committee, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Federal Courts, Philadelphia Bar Association
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- Member, Professional Guidance Committee, the Federal Courts Committee, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Author, Legal Intelligencer and Pennsylvania Law Weekly
- Presentation, Employment Law to the Philadelphia Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Best Lawyers in America, 2009 - 2010
- Best Lawyers in America, 2012 - 2013
- "AV Rated" Highest Rating of Employment Law by the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 1972
Office location for Sidney L. Gold
1835 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2024