Steven G. Wigrizer
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Philadelphia, PA
Attorney Steven G. Wigrizer is a partner with Saltz Mongeluzzi & Bendesky P.C. law firm, which has offices in Philadelphia, Media and Horsham, Pennsylvania, as well as Marlton, New Jersey. Recently selected as chairman of the firm's Medical Malpractice Department, Mr. Wigrizer has more than 40 years of total legal experience, and he has earned national recognition as one of the leading medical malpractice lawyers in the United States.
Over the course of his long and illustrious career, Mr. Wigrizer has made it his mission to provide the highest level of advocacy and support possible to those suffering needlessly as a result of poor medical care and the negligence and wrongdoing of health care providers, pharmaceutical companies and others in the medical care industry. In addition, he has handled numerous individual personal injury claims and class actions for those adversely affected by another party's negligent, careless or unlawful actions.
Among his most notable successes, he helped secure a record-breaking verdict of $227 million for a class of victims injured or killed in the Philadelphia Salvation Army thrift store collapse. He also helped secure a $45 million verdict on behalf of a woman who suffered years of unspeakable torture and abuse at the hands of her captors. His other victories include a $10 million settlement for victims of kidney injuries and an $8 million settlement for the family of a child who suffered neurological injury due to medical malpractice.
Moreover, Mr. Wigrizer has filed suit against various pharmaceutical companies in the wake of the pervasive opioid crisis, and he has obtained many multimillion-dollar settlements and awards for a wide range of personal injury and medical malpractice claims. A leader in his field, he has written extensively and conducted lectures and seminars across the country on a variety of legal topics.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Wigrizer has earned many top rankings from his peers, including perennial designation from The Best Lawyers in America© and recognition as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer from the National Trial Lawyers. He also holds an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and he has received many testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1976 magna cum laude graduate of Pennsylvania State University, Mr. Wigrizer obtained his Juris Doctor from Boston University School of Law in 1979. He is the past president of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association and past chairman of the Philadelphia Bar Association's Fees Dispute Committee. He has also served as hearing examiner of the Pennsylvania Disciplinary Board, and he serves on the board of Peace Drums Project USA.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
- 50%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 30%Construction Litigation: Consumer
- 20%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Construction Defects, Motor Vehicle Defects, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2022
- Top 100: 2022 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2022 Philadelphia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 Philadelphia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Philadelphia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 Philadelphia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 Philadelphia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2005 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2004 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
About Steven G. Wigrizer
First Admitted: 1979, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.smbb.com/attorney/steven-g-wigrizer/
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, Lecturer
- Annual PAJ seminar, Medical Malpractice
- Speaker, Cancer Causation, National Trial Lawyers Summit, 2019
- Top 100 Lawyers in Pennsylvania
- Best Lawyers for Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs and Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs for Philadelphia, PA, 2019
- Top 100 Lawyers in Philadelphia
- Rated Excellent, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, 2019
Pro bono/Community Service
- President, Villanova East Citizens Committee
- Peace Drums USA, Active Board Member
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association
- Board Member, Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Member, Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- Hearing Examiner, Pennsylvania Disciplinary Board
- Past President, Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Past Chairman, Philadelphia Bar Association Fees Dispute Committee
- Pennsylvania State University, Bachelors Degree, 1976
Last Updated: 5/15/2022