Thomas J. Petrelli, Jr.
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Philadelphia, PA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010 - 2013
Thomas J. Petrelli, Jr. founded Petrelli Previtera, LLC on the principle of providing outstanding representation for people navigating family law issues such as divorce. He has built a reputation for handling cases in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, area with professionalism and a steadfast commitment to pursuing efficient, favorable outcomes for his clients.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Petrelli has earned a number of accolades, such as receiving recognition in Who's Who of American Lawyers; holding an Avvo "Superb" rating; and getting named to the American Society of Legal Advocates' Top 40 Lawyers Under 40 list.
These honors are not the reason Mr. Petrelli goes to work every day, however. He believes in helping families thrive, taking into account the legal and financial ramifications that issues involving child custody or domestic violence can have. Through establishing a relationship with each client, he can begin to understand which approach may best resolve his or her case.
As owner of a mediation company, Mr. Petrelli knows how to reach solutions without having to go to court. However, he is prepared to move to litigation in order to protect his client's rights.
In 2005, Mr. Petrelli earned a Master of Laws in Trial Advocacy from the Temple University Beasley School of Law. Prior to that, he received a Juris Doctor and a Master of Studies in Environmental Law in 2001, from Vermont Law School, as well as a Bachelor of Business Administration in 1998, from Temple University.
A published author, Mr. Petrelli enjoys serving in the legal community as a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association's Family Law Section, the Nicholas A. Cipriani American Inn of Court, the American Bar Association's Family Law Section and the Philadelphia Bar Association's Family Law and Real Estate Law Sections.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2013
About Thomas J. Petrelli, Jr.
First Admitted: 2002, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.petrellilaw.com/personnel/thomas-petrelli/
- High networth individuals, athletes, entertainment industry, public figures, etc.
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Divorce Done Right, Owner
- Compilation of videos speaking to various divorce and family law issues, Thomas Petrelli YouTube Channel, Divorce And Family Law
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- Master of Studies in Environmental Law, Vermont Law School S. Royalton, VT
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- LLM, Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, PA
- Camden County Bar Association
- Justinian Society
- District of Columbia, 2004
- U.S. District Court of New Jersey
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Real Estate Law Section
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Nicholas J. Cipriani Family Law Inn of Court
- New Jersey, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Illinois, 2014
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Pennsylvania, 2002
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
Pro bono/Community Service
- Provided pro-bono legal services to the Philadelphia VIP, the charitable arm of the Philadelphia Bar Association.
- LLM in Trial Advocacy, 2006
- Top 50 Lawyer in Northeast Corridor, Arrive Magazine, 2012
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers, 2015
- 10 Best Personal Injury Lawyers - Pennsylvania, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2014 and 2015
- Awesome Attorneys, Suburban Life Magazine, 2010 and 2011
- Top 100 Family Lawyers, National Advocates, 2014 and 2015
- Avvo.com, 10.0 Rating, Superb, 2010 - 2015
- Named a Top 40 Under 40 Lawyer by the American Society of Legal Advocates
- Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers, 2014
- Divorce & Family Law, Awesome Attorneys, Suburban Life Magazine, 2012 and 2013
- Recognized in Who’s Who of American Lawyers: 2006 -2009
- Divorce and Family Lawyers, Awesome Attorneys, Suburban Life Magazine, 2015
- Divorce & Family Law, Top 50 Lawyer in Northeast Corridor, Arrive Magazine, 2010 and 2011
- Voted to Arrival Magazine’s Top 50 Family Lawyers in Northeast: 2010, 2011
- 60 page eBook with detailed explanations, forms and instructions of how to divorce in any county in Pennsylvania without an attorney, Author, How to Do It Yourself Divorce Guide - Pennsylvania, Divorce And Family Law, 2014
- Closed in excess of 100 residential real estate transactions in the Philadelphia metro area, 2015
Last Updated: 9/13/2022