Thomas J. Wagner
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Philadelphia, PA
A trial lawyer at the Law Offices of Thomas J. Wagner, LLC, Thomas J. Wagner represents clients in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and the southeast part of the state. He founded the firm with the desire to share his experience trying cases on behalf of clients who are involved in the following types of cases: premises liability, civil rights, employment, admiralty/maritime law, wrongful death, multiparty construction, professional liability and transportation. For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Wagner attended Saint Joseph’s University, where he earned a Bachelor of Science before attending law school at Temple University Beasley School of Law. He earned his Juris Doctor there and is now admitted to practice in federal and state courts in Pennsylvania and New Jersey and before the United States Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit.
The Maritime Law Association of the United States designated Mr. Wagner as a Proctor in Admiralty and the firm is a member of the Trucking Industry Defense Association’s legal network and the International Society of Primerus Law Firms. In Philadelphia County, he serves in the Major Jury Program as a Judge Pro Tem for the Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas.
A member of the American Bar Association, Mr. Wagner is also involved with the Philadelphia Bar Association, the National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association and the Defense Research Institute Trucking and Fire Casualty Special Litigation Group. During his career, he has been invited to appear in federal and state courts in New York, Maryland, Florida, Illinois, Delaware, Washington, D.C., and Kentucky.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Defense
- 10%Business Litigation
- 10%Civil Litigation: Defense
- 10%Employment Litigation: Defense
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Defense
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Trucking Accidents, Personal Injury - Defense, Trade Secret, Non-Compete Agreements, Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Motor Vehicle Defects, Admiralty & Maritime Law, Transportation Law
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2019, 2022
About Thomas J. Wagner
First Admitted: 1988, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.wagnerlaw.net/thomas-j-wagner/
- Saint Joseph's University, B.S.
- AV Rating, Martindale Hubbell
- , Listed in the Bar Register of Pre-Eminent Lawyers
- , Super Lawyer, 2014-2020
- Pennsylvania — State & Federal Courts
- Trucking Industry Defense Association ("TIDA")
- Risk and Insurance Management Society
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- American Trucking Association, Litigation Center, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- DRI Trucking and Fire Casualty Special Litigation Group
- National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals — Third Circuit
- New Jersey — State & Federal Courts
- Capital Mfg. v. Rayco Industries, U.S. Dist. LEXIS 8407, 2005
- Chughtai v. Obama, 153 F. Supp. 3d 765
- Millinghausen v. Drake, 2014 Pa. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 1222
- Lincoln Gen. Ins. Co. v. Guinn, U.S. Dist. LEXIS 9850, May 24, 2005, Decided, May 24, 2005, Filed; May 25, 2005
- Caleb v. CRST, Inc. 43 Fed. Appx. 513; 2002 U.S. App. LEXIS 17893
- Souders v. Atlantic Richfield Co., 746 F. Supp. 570; 1990 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 11954; 1991 AMC 554, September 10, 1990
- Covell v. Smith, U.S. Dist. LEXIS 19454, December 30, 1996
- Day v. Mendenhall Inn, U.S. Dist. LEXIS 14080, September 9, 1998
Last Updated: 5/15/2022