V. Paul Bucci, II
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Philadelphia, PA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2008, 2010
V. Paul Bucci, II, is a personal injury attorney and founder of Laffey, Bucci & Kent, LLP, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Mr. Bucci represents Philadelphia residents in personal injury actions. Over his career of more than 20 years, he has worked with cases involving automobile accidents, construction accidents, medical malpractice, premises liability, products liability, truck accidents and other issues. He also represents victims of crime and workplace accidents.
Securing substantial recoveries for his clients, Mr. Bucci is a seasoned litigator. In honor of his success, The National Trial Lawyers listed him among the “Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Pennsylvania” and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel included him on the “Nation’s Top One Percent” list. Additionally, The Best Lawyers in America listed him in its publication multiple years in a row.
An active contributor to his legal community, Mr. Bucci is a member of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, the Pennsylvania Association for Justice and the American Association for Justice. He was one of the lead trial attorneys representing victims of the parking garage collapse at the Tropicana Atlantic City and spoke on the case for the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association and Trial Attorneys of New Jersey.
Mr. Bucci earned a bachelor’s degree in political science from West Virginia University and received his law degree from Western Michigan University Cooley Law School. He holds licenses to practice law before all Pennsylvania and West Virginia state courts and before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit.
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 80%Construction Litigation: Business
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Construction Defects, Motor Vehicle Defects
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2012, 2015 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2008, 2010
About V. Paul Bucci, II
First Admitted: 1999, West Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.laffeybuccikent.com/attorneys/paul-bucci/
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer – Rising Star (2008, 2010)
- National Trial Lawyers Association – Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Pennsylvania (2011-2020)
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel – Nation’s Top One Percent (2015, 2020)
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer (2011, 2012, 2015-2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs (2018-2020)
- Trial Attorneys of New Jersey – “Structural Collapse of the Tropicana Parking Garage” 2007
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association – “Structural Collapse of the Tropicana Parking Garage”
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association American Association for Justice (Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Pennsylvania West Virginia United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Bachelor of Arts, 1993 (Political Science), West Virginia University
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member of the Board of Directors of Cuddle My Kids, Inc., a non-profit organization which provides services to families battling cancer., 2007
- V. Paul Bucci, II, was one of the lead plaintiffs' attorneys responsible for obtaining a $101 million settlement on behalf of the construction workers injured and killed in the October 2003 collapse of the Tropicana Casino parking garage in Atlantic City., 2007
Last Updated: 5/15/2022