Amber L. Reiner Skovdal
Top rated business litigation attorney in Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaHouston Harbaugh, P.C.
Practice Areas: Business litigation, Employment litigation; view more
Licensed in Pennsylvania since: 2013
Education: Duquesne University School of Law
Houston Harbaugh, P.C.Three Gateway Center
401 Liberty Avenue, 22nd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222 Visit website
Amber Reiner Skovdal is an experienced attorney in our firm's Business Litigation, Employment, and Intellectual Property practice groups with a particular emphasis on business to business litigation, breach of contract business disputes, insurance coverage and bad faith law, intellectual property infringement actions, counseling and litigation on trade secrets and DTSALaw®, restrictive covenant and non-complete employment issues, environmental and energy law, litigation of underground utility disputes, as well as business litigation and probate, estates and trusts litigation arising from the COVID-19 pandemic. She is lead counsel on numerous statewide litigation matters involving construction and property disputes between utilities over underground lines and pipes. She is on our litigation teams handling complex trademark infringement and other Lanham Act claims. Ms. Reiner Skovdal is currently part of the lead trial teams working on trade secret misappropriation and Defend Trade Secret Act (DTSA) litigation. She is admitted in Pennsylvania and West Virginia and in various Federal District Courts in both states.
Amber has also handled diverse matters involving insurance and bad faith, products liability defense, employment, and restrictive covenant disputes, and the defense of industrial accidents and other catastrophic injury matters. She has represented energy and construction industry clients in environmental compliance issues and breach of contract and negligence disputes. She also has experience representing public entities and nonprofits in various employment and shareholder disputes.
Across her entire practice, Amber is most passionate about representing and advancing women, minorities and underrepresented individuals in the business community at large. Studies have long since shown that gender and ethnic diversity have a positive impact on profitability - something every company strives to maximize. Amber wants to help these groups maximize their opportunities by assisting in overcoming legal and business obstacles and ensuring that they have equal access to counsel.
Ms. Reiner Skovdal is active in numerous legal and professional organizations and holds leadership positions in the Federal Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association, and in DRI where she is actively planning and participating in legal education and CLE programs. Amber has been voted by her peers to be a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star in Business Litigation. She is very active in Women Lawyers Networking groups and in community initiatives. She can be found on Twitter @AmberRSkovdal and LinkedIn.
DTSALaw® and Business Litigation. Pittsburgh Strong.® are federally registered trademarks of Houston Harbaugh, P.C.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Employment litigation: defense, Employment litigation: plaintiff, Intellectual property litigation
Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Employment law - employer
- 50% Business litigation
- 20% Employment litigation: defense
- 20% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Intellectual property litigation
First Admitted: 2013, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.hh-law.com/professional/amber-l-reiner-skovdal/
- Neighborhood Legal Services Volunteer Attorney- Protection From Abuse Project, 2013-2018
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association, 201
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Member, Bar Leadership Institute, Allegheny County YLD Delegate, Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2017-2018, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- State of West Virginia
- Federal Bar Association- Third Vice President, 2019
- University of Pittsburgh
- Duquesne University School of Law, 2013
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2017, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2017
- , Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2020
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2019
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2018, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2018
- professional including accounting and service-based industries
Office location for Amber L. Reiner Skovdal
Three Gateway Center
401 Liberty Avenue, 22nd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2023