Bernard R. Rizza
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
Bernie has been a medical malpractice lawyer for over 35 years with more than 100 jury verdicts and over 5000 cases handled to conclusion. However, you won’t find Bernie billboard, buses or TV as he prefers to devote his time and resources to helping his clients personally. There are no multiple layers of paralegals and junior lawyers between Bernie and his clients as he personally works up every case and is intimately involved with his clients’ cases through their overwhelmingly successful end. There is no risk in contacting Bernie for help as he will not charge you unless he wins your case.
Bernie, his law partner and small personal staff pride themselves on their ability to obtain prompt and full recovery for their clients in a compassionate yet competitive manner. Our firm focuses on the legal and medical issues while we permit our clients the time to focus on healing from their tragedy—with the same goal in mind of obtaining the best outcome possible. We strive to provide our clients with the answers to who caused their tragedy and the price to be paid for it so that it never happens again to another person. We work tirelessly gathering the evidence and obtaining the very best expert guidance to answer these important questions.
Bernie has seen these medical malpractice cases from all sides having begun his career on the healthcare provider’s side and for more than a decade now exclusively on the side of patients and grieving families. He has even acted in the occasional role of judging these cases for both sides. Because of this unique perspective, Bernie is able to navigate the complex waters that make up a medical malpractice case while all the while staying keenly aware of the strong desire of his clients for fast, fair and full justice for his injured clients and their family members.
Because of Bernie’s litigation experience, he has been inducted into the American College of Trial Lawyers which consists of only 1 percent of lawyers from each state or province in North America. He has also been inducted into the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County and named “Super Lawyer” multiple times as well as receiving the highest Martindale-Hubbell rating. Bernie has lectured widely to lawyers as well as physicians in the areas of trial tactics and medical malpractice.
My law partner and I pride ourselves on bringing to our clients a personal and empathic approach to their cases as we know how important it is for them to get the answers and justice they seek for themselves or for their loved one who is no longer able to fight for herself or himself. We work on these cases together and our small but experienced staff also become vested in this fight for justice.
Other office location:
201 Basin St., Unit #8, Williamsport, PA 17701
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 100%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2022
About Bernard R. Rizza
First Admitted: 1984, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.frlawpa.com/attorneys/bernard-rizza/
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers, 2006 - Present
- Top 1% of Medical Malpractice Lawyers in the Nation
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2010 – Present
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- Member, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Member, Allegheny County Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1991
- Pennsylvania, 1984
- Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, B.A. – 1980
Last Updated: 6/18/2022