Edgar M. Snyder
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
If you live in Western Pennsylvania, you probably know Attorney Edgar Snyder from television commercials or billboards, pointing his finger and saying, “There’s never a fee, unless we get money for you!” But what you most likely don’t know is how he became the most recognizable injury lawyer in the area.
Attorney Snyder’s father, a Russian immigrant, and his mother, a Pittsburgh native, stressed the importance of hard work and a good education. They gave him and his siblings two options for their future employment: medicine or law. Because of his knack for winning arguments and his success on his college debate team, Attorney Snyder felt the legal profession was a good fit for him. After graduating from Pennsylvania State University, he attended the University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
Following law school, Attorney Snyder opened a storefront office in Duquesne, PA. He set up shop across the street from the steel mill so the workers would see his light on after their shifts. During that time he was also an Allegheny County assistant public defender and rose quickly among the ranks of criminal defense attorneys. He represented several high-profile clients, including Stanley Hoss, in what many consider to be Western Pennsylvania’s trial of the century.
Despite his success, Attorney Snyder’s passion was helping injury victims and people with disabilities. Through his storefront operation, he got to know many of his clients well and wanted to expand his personal injury practice.
In 1982, Attorney Snyder discovered the power of advertising. Soon, his commercials advertising free legal help made him a household name across the region. Today, Edgar Snyder & Associates has five offices across Western Pennsylvania and is recognized as a top-rated personal injury law firm.
Both Attorney Snyder and the firm have received an AV® Preeminent™ rating* through Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating based on legal ability and general ethics standards. Attorney Snyder also received the Trib Total Media Reader's Choice Award for the Best Attorney in the City.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
http://www.edgarsnyder.com/ - Edgar Snyder, a Pittsburgh personal injury attorney, talks about how his firm looks to help injured victims recover from their physical and mental injuries by fighting for their compensation. Call 1-866-9-4EDGAR today.
About Edgar M. Snyder
First Admitted: 1966, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.edgarsnyder.com/our-firm/attorneys/attorney-edga...
Pro bono/Community Service
- Attorney Snyder says, “I believe that if you are fortunate enough to be successful in business, you have a responsibility to give back to the community.” He has been honored for his philanthropic efforts in both the local and international communities. He received PNC’s Community Builders Award, has been named a Distinguished Alumni by the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, and received the Emanuel Spector Memorial Award, which recognizes exemplary service to the community.
- Attorney Snyder also travels for various speaking engagements, such as the Teen Driving Safety Summit and the Edgar Snyder Save A Life Tour, among others.
- The law firm represents many victims of alcohol-related and distracted driving accidents and sees firsthand the devastation they can cause. The firm uses paid public service announcements to raise awareness and discourage drunk driving and texting while driving. We also sponsor a variety of community service projects that spread the messages: Don’t Drink & Drive and Don't Text & Drive.
- Edgar gives frequent interviews for television and radio programs on a variety of legal topics. In addition, a number of his articles have been printed in local and national publications. He has also appeared on the firm’s weekly television show, “No Fee TV: Where Legal Help is Always Free.”
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 1963
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1966
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- President's Club Member, Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Emanuel Spector Memorial Award
- Named a Distinguished Alumni by the University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Fellow, Penn State Alumni Association, 2012
- Pittsburgh Business Times Diamond Award
- Trib Total Media Readers' Choice Award, Best Attorney in the City, 2010 - 2014
- PNC's Community Builders Award
- 225th Anniversary Medallion, University of Pittsburgh
- Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month! Mari Carmen Aponte became the first Latina Lawyer in Pennsylvania and continue… https://t.co/Qwky4qwenO
- It's @steelers Sunday! ✨🏈 And we're ready for another fan giveaway! This week's pick goes out to George Pickens' vi… https://t.co/uITpQVzp9l
- In 1981, Nelson A. Diaz became the youngest and first Latino elected judge in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Wat… https://t.co/wRK65LrXPO
Last Updated: 9/6/2022