Elizabeth M. Tarasi
Top rated personal injury attorney in Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaTarasi & Tarasi P.C.
A Pennsylvania-based attorney known for her litigation skills in courtrooms, Elizabeth M. Tarasi is an attorney and shareholder in the legal firm Tarasi & Tarasi in Pittsburg. With over three decades of experience, she has successfully handled thousands of cases and currently assists people facing issues involving business litigation, personal injury law and energy and natural resources.
After finishing her undergraduate studies at the University of Pittsburg and earning her bachelor’s degree in 1982, Ms. Tarasi worked for a few years as a law clerk and litigation support at various organizations. Later in 1991, she received her doctorate in jurisprudence from the Duquesne University Thomas R. Kline School of Law and has been practicing law since then.
Communication is one of the key essences in an attorney-client relationship, and Ms. Tarasi ensures to respond to emails and calls on time, and not leave them hanging and anxious. She gives equal importance and attention to all cases, keenly listens to all her clients and makes sure that they feel satisfied with their resolution.
Ms. Tarasi’s legal success in securing millions of dollars as compensation for clients have earned her a place in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Her peers hold her in the highest regard, and she has been rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell. She is rated “Excellent” on Avvo for her exceptional client services.
In addition to her daily practice, Ms. Tarasi is a distinguished member of several professional organizations such as the American Association for Justice, the Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, the American Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Association for Justice.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Energy & natural resources, General litigation, Real estate: consumer
Personal injury - plaintiff, Energy law, Natural resources law
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 30% Energy & natural resources
- 20% General litigation
- 10% Real estate: consumer
First Admitted: 1991, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.tarasilaw.com/about-us/
- Dell Steel
- Herman Electric
- Pittsburgh Land Company
- Honhold Roofing
- R Todd Ceramic Tile
- Miller V. Bike Athletic Co., 1998, 80 Ohio St. 3rd 6074 Eritano V. Commonwealth, 1997, 547 Pa. 372, 790 A2d 705, Pa. Lexis 439 Norma Thomas V. State Farm CA No. 09-232 (Western Dist. Pa.) Zombeck V. Amada America, Inc., 2009 WL 229775, (W.D.Pa. Jan 27, 2009) Reinstadler V. General Elec. Co., 2006 WL 3842434, (W.D.Pa. Dec 18, 2006) George DAYIEB, Darrell Price And Dimitrios Panzoulas, Appellants, V. Lucy LEE, Appellee., 2005 WL 3986724, (Appellate Brief) (Pa.Super. Jul 15, 2005) Appellants' Brief (NO. 01205WDA05) Geanopulos Tdba V. Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, Civil, Multiple Civil Action, General Docket, Pa.Com.Pl., May 10, 2000, GD-00-008203 (Civil, KNOS 090) Williams V. Conlon, Civil, Other Tort, General Docket, Pa.Com.Pl., Nov. 1, 2000, GD-00-018365 (Torts/Negligence, KNOS 430) Dewitt, Et Al V. Frozen Foods, Et Al, W.D.Pa., Mar. 1, 2001, 2:01CV00399 (Torts/Negligence - Personal Injury - Other Federal Actions, KNOS 430.75.25; NOS 360) Palko Etal V. Danieli Wean Inc. Etal, Civil, Multiple Civil Action, General Docket, Pa.Com.Pl., Jun. 3, 2002, GD-02-010856 (Civil, Knos 090) Halliday Systems Inc, Et Al V. Sensormatic Electron, W.D.Pa., Oct. 9, 2003, 2:03cv01523 (Contracts - Other Contract, KNOS 130.55; NOS 190) Dennis Hooper, Individually; Hooper Roofing Inc.; Deborah L. Perry, D/B/A Quality Assisted Living Inc.; Matthew G. Huet And Linda R. Huet, Husband And Wife V. Harford Mutual Insurance Co. And First Line National Insurance Co., 2008 WL 5455807, (Verdict And Settlement Summary) (Pa.Com.Pl. May 08, 2008) (NO. 6307OF2002) FIORE, PRO AMI V. KENNYWOOD ENTERTAINMENT CO. D/B/A KENNYWOOD PARK, 2003 WL 25753275, (Verdict And Settlement Summary) (Unknown State Ct. (Pa.) Sep 2003) (NO. 03018814 Veeanne PETITTE, F/K/A Vergee A. Petitte, Individually And As Trustee Of The Veeanne Petitte Livinig Trust, Plaintiff, V. CONSOL PENNSYLVANIA COAL COMPANY, And William H. Higinbotham, Defendants., 2007 WL 6375643, Oct 01, 2007 Melanie Ann RYAN, Administratrix Of The Estate Of Martin V. Ryan, Deceased, Plaintiff, V. TED MCWILLIAMS, INC., Mitsubishi Motor Manufacturing Of America, Inc., Mitsubishi Motor Sales Of America, Inc., Mitsubishi Motors Corporation, Spitzer Autoworld Monroeville, LLC And Spitzer Autoworld Monroeville, Inc., Defendants., 2004 WL 5189024, Apr 29, 2004 Todd V. Foremost Affiliated Insurance Services Inc, Civil, Contract, General Docket, Pa.Com.Pl., Jun. 16, 2006, GD-06-014002 (Contracts, KNOS 130) Florida Grout Busters Inc. V. Frazee Inc., Civil, Contract, General Docket, Pa.Com.Pl., May 13, 2008, GD-08-009560 (Contracts, KNOS 130)
- Diocese of Pittsburgh grade school basketball coach 1998-2015 Quaker Valley High School girls basketball assistant coach 2015- present
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- International Society of Barristers
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- U.S District Court and the Western District of Pennsylvania
- American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- American Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice (Board of Governors)
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Full Athletic Scholarship Athlete- Women's Basketball, 1978
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A. in Business & Speech Rhetoric, 1982
- Inducted into the Quaker Valley High School Hall of Fame for accomplishments as a student athlete, Women's Basketball (University of Pittsburgh) and Track. Quaker Valley record holder- Track & Field- Javelin., Quaker Valley Hall of Fame, Induction, 1999
- Recipient, Super Lawyers in Pennsylvania
- Recipient, Best Lawyers in America
- Recipient, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- 4 Year Varsity Letter Woman- Women's Basketball
- AV Preeminent: The highest peer rating standard. This rating signifies that the lawyer's reviewed peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence for their legal knowledge, communication skills and ethical standards, Rated Preeminent, Martindale Hubble
- Trespass-Coal rights and ownership, 1 million plus, 2010
- Attorney committed legal malpractice when he failed to preserve clients gas interest when selling off subdivided lots. Attorney properly reserved gas rights in only 20% of the transactions he performed
- $ 1.3 Million Breach of Contract$ 750,000 Patent & Trade Secret Violation$ 300,000 Breach of Contract, Broker Agreement$ 1 Million Truck Accident$ 400,000 ATV Rollover$ 1.75 Million Toxic Tort $ 200,000 Motorcycle passenger accident$ 65,000 Fire Insurance Settlement$ 115,000 Motorcycle Accident$ 125,000 Pedestrian Hit in a crosswalk$ 150,000 Products Liability settlement
- Fellow of The American Bar Foundation, 2012
- Oil And Gas Issues
Office location for Elizabeth M. Tarasi
510 3rd Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Super Lawyers: 2023