Erik M. Bergenthal
Top rated civil litigation attorney in Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaHouston Harbaugh, P.C.
Attorney Erik M. Bergenthal is an associate with the Houston Harbaugh, P.C., law firm in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. A highly competent and diverse trial attorney, Mr. Bergenthal focuses his practice on complex civil litigation, construction litigation, creditors' rights and collections, and oil and gas law. He also has extensive experience handling matters involving noncompete disputes, zoning disputes and appeals, construction defect defense, title research, Certified Title Opinions, and other complex issues.
A member of the firm's Technology Committee, Mr. Bergenthal has a keen and abiding interest in technology with a particular focus on utilizing e-discovery methods and helping his clients achieve the favorable outcomes they seek as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. He also has notable experience handling matters involving software design and development issues and disputes.
In all cases, Mr. Bergenthal provides the personalized attention and dedicated support his clients need, and he has earned recognition from his peers as being an emerging leader in his practice area along with numerous positive reviews and referrals from his satisfied clients.
Mr. Bergenthal received his Bachelor of Arts in political science from the University of Colorado Boulder in 2010, where he graduated in the top quartile of his class. He then attended the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2013. A Dean's Scholarship recipient in law school, he earned his Health Law Certificate and published legal commentaries in both The New York Times and The Washington Post. He also received the CALI award for his exceptional academic achievements.
Along with practicing before all Pennsylvania state courts, Mr. Bergenthal is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado. He is also an active member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Allegheny County Bar Association.
Practice areasCivil litigation: defense, Business litigation, Creditor debtor rights: business, Construction litigation: consumer
- 50% Civil litigation: defense
- 20% Business litigation
- 20% Creditor debtor rights: business
- 10% Construction litigation: consumer
First Admitted: 2014, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.hh-law.com/Professionals/Erik-bergenthal.shtml
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- Houston Harbaugh's Technology Committee
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- University of Colorado Boulder, B.A.
- Deans Scholarship, University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- CALI Award for Academic Excellence in Current Issues in Health Law, University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Health Law Certificate, University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- General Business
- Oil And Gas
Office location for Erik M. Bergenthal
Three Gateway Center
401 Liberty Avenue, 22nd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2023