Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaLupetin & Unatin LLC
Attorney Greg Unatin is a partner with the Lupetin & Unatin, LLC, law firm in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. A top-rated trial attorney with more than 13 years of legal experience, Mr. Unatin has devoted his entire career to advocating on behalf of those who suffered an injury or lost a loved one as a result of medical malpractice, birth injuries, defective products and other preventable tragedies caused by someone else's negligence.
Mr. Unatin possesses an extensive amount of knowledge of medical issues, which has helped him achieve a notable level of success fighting on behalf of his plaintiff clients. Among his most recent victories, Mr. Unatin helped secure a 10.8 million dollar verdict for a man who suffered permanent brain injuries due to the delayed treatment of a severe allergic reaction to MRI contrast. In another recent victory, Mr. Unatin helped secure a jury verdict of more than $2 million for a case involving a botched gall bladder removal as well as several multimillion-dollar settlements for victims of medical errors or their families. He also served as co-counsel in a product safety case, where he helped secure a verdict of $6.3 million.
As an attorney, Mr. Unatin is able to develop a strong rapport with his clients, and he takes the time to listen to their concerns so that he can provide the practical and relevant advice they need to gain the confidence to face their legal challenges head on. He then helps guide his clients through the process and works diligently to help increase their chances of obtaining the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve.
Through this commitment to those he serves, Mr. Unatin has earned Superb ratings on Avvo, and the verdicts he has helped secure have earned their place among the Top 15 Verdicts in Pennsylvania in 2014 and Top 50 Verdicts in Pennsylvania in 2017. He has also received numerous other awards and accolades for his professionalism and service.
A 1997 graduate of the University of Michigan, Mr. Unatin attended the University of Pittsburgh School of Law where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2006. He is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
Highly active in his legal community, Mr. Unatin is a member of the American Bar Association, the Pennsylvania and Allegheny County Bar Associations, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, and the Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Informed consent
- 80% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2006, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.pamedmal.com/pittsburgh-attorney-greg-unatin/
- University of Michigan, B.A., 1997
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County, 2018
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- $10.8 million dollar verdict in a medical malpractice lawsuit in Blair County, Pennsylvania. The lawsuit was filed on behalf of a man who suffered suffered permanent brain injury from a routine MRI at Tyrone Hospital. The man suffered an allergic reaction to the contrast dye injected into his body during the study. Treatment of the allergic reaction was delayed, causing the man to suffer cardiopulmonary arrest and cardiac arrest. , 2020
- $2 million dollar verdict on behalf of a woman who suffered permanent injuries to her biliary ductal system and liver as the result of a surgeon's negligence during the removal of her gallbladder., 2017
- , The Best Lawyers in America, 2021
- , Best Law Firms, The Best Lawyers, 2022
- Named to Top 15 Verdicts in Pennsylvania for 2014 (with Brendan Lupetin)
- $2 million awarded to woman injured as a result of a botched gall bladder removal surgery. ., Top 50 Verdicts in Pennsylvania, 2017
Office location for Greg Unatin
707 Grant Street, Suite 3200
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2016