Top rated immigration attorney in Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaJason Karavias, Esq., Attorney at Law
Jason Karavias is an experienced Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania attorney who practices family immigration and Chapter 7 bankruptcy law. He represents individuals in matters involving green cards for spouses, parents and children of US citizens, petitions for removal of conditions on permanent residence, fiance visa applications, US citizenship applications, petitions for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy debt relief and more. His practice, Jason Karavias, Esq., represents people in Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas.
After graduating from Columbia University with a degree in philosophy, Mr. Karavias earned his law degree from Boston University School of Law. While he was a law student he served as an intern with the U.S. Department of Justice. Before opening his own practice in 2002, he worked as an associate at a national law firm. With his solo practice, he emphasizes a personalized, client-centered approach.
Licensed to practice in the state courts of New York and Pennsylvania, Mr. Karavias is also admitted to appear before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Active in pro bono work, Mr. Karavias participates in the Allegheny County Bar Association's Divorce Law Project and the organization's Neighborhood Legal Services Association. He is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association.
Recognized for his accomplishments in the legal profession, Mr. Karavias has achieved Lead Counsel Rating in Immigration Law and Bankruptcy Law - Personal for 2015 and 2016 and has received a Superb Avvo Rating and the 2014, 2015 and 2016 Avvo Clients' Choice Award. He was named Pittsburgh's best immigration lawyer by Best in the Burgh in 2015. That same year he was also named one of Pittsburgh's top three immigration lawyers by the consumer service Three Best Rated.
Practice areasImmigration: consumer, Bankruptcy: consumer
Naturalization & citizenship, Bankruptcy law, Credit repair
- 80% Immigration: consumer
- 20% Bankruptcy: consumer
First Admitted: 2001, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.karaviaslaw.com/Attorney/Jason-Karavias.shtml
- Three Best Rated, Immigration Attorney Pittsburgh, 2015-2016, 2020
- AVVO Clients Choice Award, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Lead Counsel, Immigration and Personal Bankruptcy, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Dean's Scholar; St. Catherine's College, Oxford University (Spring 1998)
- Best In The Burgh, Top Immigration Lawyer, 2015
- Three Best Rated - Bankruptcy Attorney Pittsburgh, 2017
- ACBA Divorce Law Project
- Neighborhood Legal Services Bankruptcy
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- Columbia University - B.A. in Philosophy, Columbia University Suffolk County Alumni Association Scholarship, 1996
Office location for Jason Karavias
300 Cedar Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15228
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2023