Joseph R. Williams
Top rated family law attorney in Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaPollock Begg
Joseph R. Williams is a partner in the Pittsburgh-based family law firm Pollock Begg with a practice encompassing all types of economic family law, support, protection from abuse, visitation and custody cases.
Admitted to practice in the state of Pennsylvania, Williams is trained in collaborative law and has a certificate from the Collaborative Law Association of Southwestern Pennsylvania. He works hard as a negotiator but is also prepared to litigate to protect the best interests of his clients and is known for his extensive courtroom success.
Williams has proven himself a natural leader and an energetic force on the Pittsburgh legal scene. After serving in several leadership roles within the Allegheny County Bar Association, he became its president on July 1, 2021. As president, Williams serves the ACBA’s approximately 6,000 members to ensure the organization is fostering a culture of ethics and professionalism and championing equality and diversity in the legal community. He’s also an active member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association who has served the organization in numerous leadership posts.
Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in family law for since 2018, he was also named a Lawyer on the Fast Track by The Legal Intelligencer in 2013.
A talented writer, he has published with the Pennsylvania Family Lawyer, the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Family Law Section, the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and the Bench and Bar Conference Family Division Sound-Off of the Allegheny County Bar Association.
Williams graduated from Bethany College with an undergraduate degree in psychology in 2006 and earned his Juris Doctor from Duquesne University School of Law in 2009. He’s active in the Duquesne Law alumni association and previously served as president of its Board of Governors.
Practice areasFamily law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2009, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.pollockbegg.com/attorneys/joseph-r-williams/
- President, Allegheny County Bar Association, July 1, 2021-June 30, 2022
- President-elect, Allegheny County Bar Association, July 1, 2020-June 30, 2021
- Past Chair of the Young Lawyers Division, Allegheny County Bar Association
- ACBA’s Board of Governor
- Member, Family Law Section Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Duquesne Law Alumni Association
- Bethany College, Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, 2006
- , Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2020
- Named to the Best Lawyers in America lists for family law in 2019., Best Lawyers in America 2019 lists for family law, 2019
- Selected to Best Lawyers in America in 2018 and 2019, Selected to Best Lawyers in America
- ACBA Young Lawyer award Pro Bono Week November 2, 2017, ACBA Young Lawyer award Pro Bono Week, 2017
- Honored with an ACBA Outstanding Young Lawyer Award (2/23/17)., ACBA Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, 2017
- Named by The Legal Intelligencer as a Lawyer on the Fast Track in 2013 (one of 38 lawyers statewide), The Legal Intelligencer: Lawyer on the Fast Track, 2013
- Named to Super Lawyers: Pennsylvania Rising Star for seven years, Super Lawyers: Pennsylvania Rising Star
Office location for Joseph R. Williams
525 William Penn Pl
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2021