Leif J. Ocheltree
Top rated class action & mass torts attorney in Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaGoldberg, Persky and White, PC
Practice Areas: Class action & mass torts, Products liability; view more
Licensed in Pennsylvania since: 2004
Education: University of Pittsburgh School of Law
Goldberg, Persky and White, PC11 Stanwix St
Pittsburgh, PA 15222 Visit website
Asbestos poisoning can take a serious physical and financial toll on someone’s life that of his or her loved ones as well. As an attorney at Goldberg, Persky & White, P.C., Leif J. Ocheltree has spent his career advocating for people who have suffered a personal injury or illness related to asbestos exposure. An expert in mesothelioma lawsuits, Mr. Ocheltree has helped steelworkers, tradesmen, and many others who worked with asbestos products and developed lung cancer, colon cancer, and pleural and peritoneal mesothelioma as a result. He also represents people throughout the state of Pennsylvania in toxic torts and occupational disease matters.
In 2001, Mr. Ocheltree received a Bachelor of Arts from Washington & Jefferson College, going on to earn a Juris Doctor from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 2004.
Licensed to practice in West Virginia and Pennsylvania, Mr. Ocheltree understands that every case is unique. He has in-depth conversations with clients to fully grasp the ways in which their injury has affected their well-being, assessing the quantifiable and intangible losses. Though the goal is to reach a resolution quickly and, if possible, outside the courtroom, Mr. Ocheltree is prepared to go to trial to ensure clients receive the compensation they are owed. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia.
To offer people the most thorough representation possible, Mr. Ocheltree is involved with a number of legal organizations through which he has access to invaluable tools and up-to-date information. He is a member of The West Virginia State Bar, the American Association for Justice, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Allegheny County Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
If you are seeking an asbestos attorney, Mr. Ocheltree has the knowledge, experience, and drive to ensure you and your family receive the compensation you deserve.
Practice areasClass action/mass torts: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
- 90% Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2004, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: http://www.gpwlaw.com/attorneys/id/36/leif-j-ocheltree/
- Mesothelioma Lawsuit - $4,203,000. This case was settled for an asbestos worker who worked in various chemical plants and power stations including National Analine, Solvay, Cardinal Power Station, Columbia Carbon Black, Conemaugh Power Station, J&L Steel, Mitchell Power Station, Mobay Chemical, PPG, Quaker State, Sammis Power Station, and US Steel.
- Mesothelioma Compensation of $3,346,000. This case was resolved on behalf of a deceased Union Carbide insulator.
- Mesothelioma Client - $4,570,000. This case was settled for a 65 year old Boilermaker who worked in various power stations and chemical plants in the Charleston, WV area including Ashland Chemical, FMC, E.I. DuPont, Ft Martin Power Station, Gavin Power Station, Phillip Sporn Power Station, Harrison Power Station, John Amos Power Station, Kaiser Aluminum, Kammer Power Station, Kanawha River Power Station, Mitchel Power Station l, Monsanto, Mt Storm Power Station, Beverly Power Station, PPG, Shell, Union Carbide and Willow Island Power Station.
- Mesothelioma $3,433,000. This case was resolved on behalf of a 69 year old Boilermaker who worked at various power stations, chemical plants and steel mills including Bruce Mansfield Power Station, Cardinal Power Station, Sammis Power Station, Weirton Steel, Wheeling Pittsburgh Steel, Quaker State Refinery, Homer City Power Station and Hatfield Power Station.
- Mesothelioma $3,788,299. This case was resolved for a deceased 67 year old asbestos worker. The primary asbestos exposure occurred in chemical plants and power stations including FMC, Willow Island Power Station, E.I. DuPont, Cabot, Union Carbide, Gavin Power Station, Phillip Sporn Power Station, Kyger Creek Power Station, Beverly Power Station, John Amos Power Station, Mountaineer Power Station, Ashland Oil, and Shell Chemical.
- Malignant Mesothelioma $4,182,000. This case was settled on behalf of a chemical plant worker.
- Mesothelioma $3,264,000. This case was resolved on behalf of a Weirton Steel electrician.
- Washington and Jefferson College, B.A., 2001; University of Pittsburgh School of Law, JD, 2004
- U. S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- West Virginia
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- West Virginia Bar Association, Member
- Named as one of Pennsylvania's Rising Stars by SuperLawyers, 2010
Office location for Leif J. Ocheltree
11 Stanwix St
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Rising Stars: 2010, 2018