Marc D. Daffner
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
Attorney Marc D. Daffner is the founder and managing partner of the Daffner & Associates, P.C., law firm in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Serving clients throughout the Pittsburgh metro region and Allegheny County as well as across the state, Mr. Daffner focuses his practice primarily on criminal defense, firearms law, federal tax resolution, and corporate and commercial law. Additionally, Mr. Daffner serves the Court of Common Pleas as an arbitrator for the court's civil division, and he represents the rights of children in complex custody cases.
Mr. Daffner obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 1993. In addition to practicing before all Pennsylvania state courts, he also practices before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, the Federal Circuit and the Armed Forces. He also serves before the U.S. Court of International Trade, the U.S. Tax Court and the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
Throughout his career, Mr. Daffner has represented thousands of clients in many different jurisdictions. An accomplished defense attorney, he founded the Western Pennsylvania Defense Attorneys Network, and he uses his extensive knowledge and experience to conduct continuing legal education seminars.
Recognized as one of Pennsylvania's leading trial attorneys, Mr. Daffner has received numerous awards and honors for his professionalism and service. The National Trial Lawyers named him to its list of Top 100 Criminal Trial Lawyers, and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel recognized him as one of the nation's top one percent. Additionally, he also holds a Client Distinction Award from Martindale-Hubbell for his exceptional customer service.
About Marc D. Daffner
First Admitted: 1993, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.daffnerlaw.com/attorneys
- Honored with the Martindale-Hubbell Client Service Award
- Top 100 Criminal Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers
- Best Attorneys of America
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Western Pennsylvania Defense Attorneys Network, Founder
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- University of Rochester, B.A., Political Science, 1990
- Commonwealth v. Shetler. Capital case involving the alleged murder of a police officer. Verdict: Not Guilty. Importance: This case represents the first instance where the justification of self-defense was successfully utilized as a defense to a "cop killing.", 2018
Last Updated: 5/15/2022