Mark E. Milsop is a 1989 graduate of Pennsylvania State University, where he earned his bachelor’s degree in economics with a minor in speech communication. He then attended Duquesne University School of Law in 1992, where he earned his Juris Doctor and graduated with honors. During law school, Mr. Milsop was a member of the Law Review and Appellate Moot Court Society. He also interned with the Honorable Ralph J. Cappy of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. Attorney Milsop knew early on that he wanted to be a courtroom attorney. He wanted to do work that was important, helpful and that makes a difference in people’s lives. Mr. Milsop believes the courtroom is a place where he can stand up for people.
Attorney Milsop joined Berger and Green, P.C. in 2007, where he proudly represents injured accident victims in personal injury claims including: car accidents, burn injuries, dog bites, slip and fall incidents, and wrongful death claims. Attorney Milsop has 30 years of experience. He believes in building trust with his clients, letting them know up front what the strengths and weaknesses of their case are, and how he plans to handle them. He understands that a serious injury can have a devastating impact on his client’s life. This compels attorney Milsop to work hard to make a recovery for his clients.
Attorney Milsop serves in numerous professional organizations. Most recently, he was appointed by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court to its Continuing Legal Education Committee in May 2023. Other service includies the Board of Governors of the Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association (WPTLA) of which he is a past president(2021-22), the Local Rules Committee of the Allegheny County Bar Association (ACBA) and is an elected member of the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County (ATLAC). He is also active in the the Pennsylvania Association for Justice where has has served on the Board of Governors and is an active member and former chair of its PAJ’s Amicus Curiae Committee. He is also a board member and former President of the St. Thomas More Society (Catholic Lawyers). From 2011-2023 Attorney Milsop has been named as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer. These lawyers represent the top five percent of all lawyers in Pennsylvania in peer recognition and professional achievement. Attorney Milsop was honored by his peers with the 2018 George F. Douglas Amicus Curiae Award. Most recently, Attorney Milsop has been appointed by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court to its Continuing Legal Education Committee with his term starting in 2023.
Attorney Milsop has also written on the law, having served as a co-author of the Pennsylvania Automobile Litigation: Guideline and Forms for the Trial Lawyer, 3rd Edition. He also authors a regular Column -“By The Rules”- for WPTLA’s quarterly publication.
Mr. Milsop is licensed to practice in all Pennsylvania Courts as well as the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
First Admitted: 1992, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.bergerandgreen.com/attorneys/mark-e-milsop/
- St. Thomas More Society, Past President
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County, Membership Committee
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1993
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Former Member of Board of Governors
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1992
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Local Rules Committee
- Pennsylvania, 1992
- Pennsylvania Association For Justice, Past Chair Amicus Curiae Committee
- Co-Author, Pennsylvania Automobile Litigation: Guidelines and Forms for the Trial Lawyer, Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, 3rd Edition, 2005
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Duquesne Law Review, 1992
- Comment Author, “Corporate Negligence: Defining the Duty Owed by Hospitals to Their Patients”, 30 Duquesne L. Rev. 639, 1992
- Author, “By The Rules”- for WPTLA’s quarterly publication
- Pennsylvania State University, State College , B.A. Economics, Minor in speech communication, 1989
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Appellate Moot Court, 1992
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2011 - 2021, Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2024