Patrick K. Cavanaugh
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
Patrick K. Cavanaugh is a founding partner of Del Sole Cavanaugh Stroyd LLC in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Mr. Cavanagh focuses his practice primarily on business and commercial litigation and handles personal injury matters. He serves clients in Pittsburgh, Altoona, Erie, Johnstown, Sharon, State College and Williamsport.
Mr. Cavanaugh represents individuals, small businesses and publicly traded corporations. He is an experienced litigator and familiar with alternative dispute resolution techniques including mediation and arbitration. In his commercial law practice, he handles matters involving antitrust violations, contracts, franchise agreements, insurance coverage, lease disputes, property damage and oil and gas rights.
Additionally, Mr. Cavanaugh is experienced with personal injury actions involving motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, truck accidents, wrongful death and other catastrophic injuries. Over his career, he has obtained millions of dollars in recoveries through settlements and verdicts. He has experience at the state, federal and appellate court levels.
A graduate of Yale University, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in economics, Mr. Cavanaugh went on to earn his law degree from Duquesne University School of Law. While attending law school, he received an American Jurisprudence award for the subject of contracts.
Mr. Cavanaugh holds a license to practice law before the state courts of Pennsylvania and West Virginia. He is also qualified to appear before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, the U.S. district courts for the northern and southern districts of West Virginia and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit.
About Patrick K. Cavanaugh
First Admitted: 1994
Professional Webpage: https://www.dscslaw.com/attorney/patrick-k-cavanaugh/
- Member of the Law Review
- Recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award
- Won a $1,600,000 verdict in a wrongful death case in a motorcycle accident case
- Won a $3,500,000 verdict in a medical malpractice action involving severe brain injury resulting from a misdiagnosed sinus infection
- Won a $4,100,000 verdict in a minority shareholder fraud action
- Yale University, B.A. in Economics, 1990
- Pennsylvania, 1994
- U. S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U. S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- U. S. District Court, Colorado
- West Virginia
- U. S. District Court, Northern District of West Virginia
- Are hospitals understaffed? https://t.co/wpdhZTVEfb
- 3 reasons you could make a construction defect claim https://t.co/IspJ4ev9oZ
- How does a nondisclosure/noncompete help your company? https://t.co/o4HvVw6I5s
- Common contractual disputes that hold up your business deal https://t.co/8By87nmPJ6
- Who can you sue for an electrocution injury? https://t.co/eIkPy4lCuJ
Last Updated: 11/4/2021