Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
- Free Consultation
Rebecca Canterbury is an attorney at Spivak Law Firm in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where she focuses her practice on family law and criminal defense, handling matters involving divorce, custody, DUI and protection from abuse petitions. She serves clients throughout the Pittsburgh metropolitan area including Allegheny, Beaver, Butler, Lawrence, Washington and Westmoreland counties.
Raised in Pittsburgh, Ms. Canterbury earned a bachelor's degree in philosophy from Duquesne University and received her law degree from Duquesne University School of Law. She is licensed to practice law before all Pennsylvania state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
While pursuing her law degree, Ms. Canterbury developed her family law experience by working for Neighborhood Legal Services, serving clients in custody and in protection from abuse matters. She also clerked for an Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas judge and participated in the Duquesne University School of Law Family Law Clinic.
An active contributor to the Pennsylvania legal community, Ms. Canterbury authors articles for the Allegheny County Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She volunteers her time to serve as a mentor for new Duquesne University School of Law graduates who are preparing to take the Pennsylvania bar examination.
Recognized for her accomplishments, Attorney And Practice magazine named Ms. Canterbury a “Top 10 Family Law Attorney.” She is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys. She volunteers her time to the Allegheny County Bar Foundation Pro Bono Center and the Allegheny County Bar Association Public Service Committee.
About Rebecca Canterbury
First Admitted: 2016, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: http://spivaklawfirm.com/about-us
- Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a Minor in Philosophy
Pro bono/Community Service
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- Duquesne University School of Law Family Law Clinic
- Neighborhood Legal Services Association, Volunteer
- Volunteer Attorney, Allegheny County Bar Foundation Pro Bono Center
- Volunteer Attorney, Allegheny County Bar Association Public Service Committee
- Volunteer Attorney, Neighborhood Legal Services Association
- Preparing Women Attorneys For Leadership Positions, Lawyers Journal, June 18, 2018
- Impoverished Parents Deserve Their Day in Court, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, May 29, 2016
- Ensure Child-Custody Rights, Pennsylvania Bar Association, September 28, 2016
- Clean The Slate In Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, November 13, 2016
- New Law Seals Misdemeanor Convictions, Lawyers Journal, January 6, 2017
- Changes In Alternative Dispute Resolution, Lawyers Journal, March 2, 2018
- ‘Boot Camp’ For Trial Lawyers, Lawyers Journal, March 30, 2018
- President, Family Law Society, Duquesne University School of Law
- Top 10 Family Law Attorney, Attorney and Practice Magazine
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Neighborhood Legal Services Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Last Updated: 5/15/2022