Stanley D. Ference III
Top rated intellectual property attorney in Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaFerence & Associates LLC
Practice Areas: Intellectual property, Intellectual property litigation; view more
Licensed in Pennsylvania since: 1990
Attorney Stanley D. Ference III is the principal and managing partner of Ference & Associates LLC in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. A nationally ranked and award-winning trial lawyer with more than 31 years of total legal experience, Mr. Ference provides unmatched representation and support to a diverse range of clients throughout the greater Pittsburgh metro and surrounding areas who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Intellectual property
· Patents, trademarks and copyrights
· Intellectual property litigation and appeals
· Online brand protection and anti-counterfeiting
· Post-grant proceedings
· Startup services
Throughout the course of his legal career, Mr. Ference has assisted hundreds of clients with obtaining the protections they need for their important ideas and inventions. Along with providing invaluable counsel and guidance in obtaining patents, trademarks and other intellectual property protections, he has achieved a long record of securing favorable outcomes for his clients before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office as well as before federal and appellate courts across his region.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Ference has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America©. He is also the recipient of Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year award for Corporate Law in 2020, and he has received many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers as well as numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1986 graduate of Union College with a Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering, Mr. Ference obtained his Juris Doctor from The Dickinson School of Law in 1989. He holds his license to practice in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Florida and the District of Columbia, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Highly active in his legal community, Mr. Ference is a member of the Pennsylvania and Allegheny County Bar Associations, the American and Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Associations, and the International Trademark Association, among his other professional affiliations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasIntellectual property, Intellectual property litigation
Copyrights, Patents, Trademarks, Intellectual property law
- 50% Intellectual property
- 50% Intellectual property litigation
First Admitted: 1989, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.ferencelaw.com/about/stanley-ference/
- E-Discovery Special Master, United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- International Trademark Association
- Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Pennsylvania District of Columbia Florida New Jersey New York U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, 1989
- Union College, Schenectady, New York, Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, 1986, Delphic Honor Society; Senior Class Vice President University of Bath, Bath, England (Union College Term Abroad, 1984), 1989
- Stanley Ference was ranked in 2020 by Chambers & Partners., Chambers and Partners, Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Ference & Associates was recognized as a 2020 Best Law Firm by U.S. News - Best Lawyers for Copyright Law, Trademark Law, Best Law Firm , U.S. News - Best Lawyers, 2020
- Stanley D. Ference III was recognized by U.S. News - Best Lawyers as a Lawyer of the Year in 2020 for Trademark Law, Copyright Law, Lawyer of the Year, U.S. News - Best Lawyers, 2020
- Stanley D. Ference III was recognized as an IP Star for 2020 by Managing IP/IP Stars for Patent Contentious, Patent Prosecution, Trademark Contentious, Trademark Prosecution, IP Star, Managing IP/IP Stars, 2020
- Stanley D. Ference was recognized as an IP Star by Managing IP/IP Stars., IP Star, Managing IP/IP Stars, 2019
- Stanley D. Ference III was recognized in 2019 by U.S. News Best Lawyer's as a Best Lawyer in America, Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News - Best Lawyer's, 2019
- Stanley D. Ference III was named in 2020 as a Best Lawyers in America by U.S. News - Best Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News Best Lawyer's, 2020
Office location for Stanley D. Ference III
409 Broad Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15143
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023