Stephen J. Del Sole
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2006 - 2007
Stephen J. Del Sole is the founding partner of Del Sole Cavanaugh Stroyd LLC in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Mr. Del Sole has over 25 years of legal experience and serves clients in Pittsburgh, Altoona, Erie, Johnstown, Sharon, State College and Williamsport.
An accomplished trial attorney, Mr. Del Sole handles business and commercial litigation matters. Over the course of his career, he has successfully tried and arbitrated many cases within the state of Pennsylvania.
In addition, Mr. Del Sole is experienced with personal injury litigation. Co-chair of his law firm’s injury practice group, he has recovered major sums in settlements and verdicts for injury victims, resulting in his inclusion in the prominent organization the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Recognizing his accomplishments, the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County inducted Mr. Del Sole into their organization. Each year since 2011, he has been listed in the publication “The Best Lawyers in America” and in 2013 and 2014, Pittsburgh magazine named him a “Top Rated Attorney in Pittsburgh.”
Active in the Allegheny County Bar Association, Mr. Del Sole serves on the group’s Judiciary Committee and previously served in its Civil Litigation Section. He also regularly volunteers as the regional coordinator for the Pennsylvania Bar Association Mock Trial Competition.
A graduate of Pennsylvania State University, where he earned a bachelor’s degree, Mr. Del Sole went on to receive his law degree from Duquesne University School of Law. He holds licenses to practice law in Pennsylvania and West Virginia and before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit.
About Stephen J. Del Sole
First Admitted: 1994, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.dscslaw.com/attorney/stephen-j-del-sole/
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Civil Litigation Council, Former Member
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia
- Pennsylvania Bar Association High School Mock Trial Competition, Regional Coordinator
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Judiciary Committee
- West Virginia
- Civil Litigation Council-Allegheny County Bar Association
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- , Inducted into the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County
- , Member, The Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- , Listed in The Best Lawyers in America every year since 2011
- , Pennsylvania “Super Lawyer” since 2011
- , Named in the Top Rated Attorneys in Pittsburgh, as published in the 2013 and 2014 issues of Pittsburgh Magazine
- , PBA High School Mock Trial Competition, Regional Coordinator
- 1st place Winner in the Academy of Trial Lawyers Gourley Cup Mock Trial Competition
- Inductee in the Order of the Barristers
- Recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award for Excellence in Torts
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 1991
Pro bono/Community Service
- Director-Pittsburgh Children’s Museum
- Regional Coordinator-PBA High School Mock Trial Competition
- Why do patients get mixed up? https://t.co/ujzqeVHOB9
- What should you do about a broken NDA? https://t.co/2yFcKWZXvd
- Can a hospital hide a doctor's record? https://t.co/OmQx2e2mnM
- Be wary of these common business partner disputes https://t.co/5se8WmqT1h
- Are hospitals understaffed? https://t.co/wpdhZTVEfb
Last Updated: 5/14/2022