Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
- Free Consultation
- Virtual Appointments
Susan DiGirolamo devotes her practice to family law, particularly collaborative divorce. Based out of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Ms. DiGirolamo represents clients in Pittsburgh and throughout the surrounding metropolitan region, providing customized services that involve crafting prenuptial and postnuptial agreements and assisting clients with other family law-related issues.
After graduating from Allegheny College, Ms. DiGirolamo obtained her law degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. She has been admitted to practice law in the state of Pennsylvania since 1987 and has maintained her own private practice since 1994.
In addition to being trained in alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation, Ms. DiGirolamo is very active in the area of collaborative divorce. She is certified as a trainer by the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals and has lectured on collaborative divorce topics for various bar associations, organizations and private law firms.
Ms. DiGirolamo is a founding member of the collaborative divorce-centered group the Collaborative Law Association of Southwestern Pennsylvania. She is also helped to create the Allegheny County Bar Association’s Collaborative Law Committee and has authored articles on collaborative law for the building industry publication Breaking Ground.
Ms. DiGirolamo is passionate about sharing her knowledge and skill set with others and staying active in her local legal community. She has taught courses on family law-related topics for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, served on the judiciary committee of the Allegheny County Bar Association and as secretary of the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Solo and Small Practitioners’ section. She is also a fellow of the Allegheny County Bar Foundation.
- 90%Family Law
- 10%Estate Planning & Probate
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Wills
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
About Susan DiGirolamo
First Admitted: 1984, Michigan
Professional Webpage: http://susanlaw.com/attorney-profile/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation, Fellow
- The Pittsburgh Psychiatric Society Annual Meeting, Speaker
- Western Pennsylvania Chapter of National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, Speaker
- SWPA Chapter of the Labor and Employment Relations Association, Speaker
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Trainer
- Burrell High School
- Allegheny College, Meadville, Pennsylvania
- Qualified Professional Trainer, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, 2021
- Collaborative Law Association of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Past President, 2021
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Arts and Law Committee, Past Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Judiciary Committee, Member
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Qualified Trainer, Member, 2021
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Family Law Section Council, Past Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Sole and Small Practitioners Section, Past Chair
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Sole and Small Practitioners’ Section, Past Secretary
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Collaborative Law Association Of Southwestern Pennsylavania
- International Academy Of Collaborative Professionals
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Last Updated: 7/26/2022