Thomas N. Farrell
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaFarrell Weaver & Okun
Attorney Thomas N. Farrell is the managing partner of Farrell & Associates in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. A top-rated trial lawyer with nearly 30 years of total legal experience, Mr. Farrell focuses his practice primarily on criminal defense, and he provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout his region who stand accused or are under investigation for any type of felony or misdemeanor offense.
A former prosecutor with the Allegheny County District Attorney’s Office and former Deputy Attorney General for the state of Pennsylvania, Mr. Farrell has invaluable insight into the criminal justice system from both sides. According to him, "With our prosecution background, we build strong defenses on behalf of our clients because we can anticipate the prosecutor's likely plan of attack."
Through this approach, Mr. Farrell has achieved a long record of securing acquittals, dismissals and reductions of charges for the accused. He has gained a reputation for his impassioned advocacy on behalf of his clients along with his aggressive approach to helping them secure the positive results they seek efficiently and cost-effectively. Recognized for his success, he has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers as well as numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A graduate of Rutgers University, Mr. Farrell obtained his Juris Doctor in 1991 from Duquesne University School of Law in Pittsburgh, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd and 4th Circuits, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
A leader in his field, he has conducted numerous lectures and continuing legal education seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics related to criminal law, criminal defense and appeals, and other similar subjects. He is also an active member of various local, state and national legal organizations.
Practice areasCriminal Defense
- 100% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 1991, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.tomfarrelllaw.com/thomasfarrell/
- Criminal Law Update for Pennsylvania District Attorney’s Association, 1996
- State and Federal Post-Conviction Law to Prosecutors sanctioned by the Pennsylvania District Attorney’s Association
- Post-Conviction Relief Act and Federal Habeas Corpus Law sanctioned by the Allegheny County Bar Association (1997 and 1998)
- Federal Habeas Corpus Law to Prosecutors sanctioned by the United States District Court of the Western District of Pennsylvania, 1995
- Defending the Capital Punishment Case: The National Business Institute, 2010
- Federal and State Rules of Evidence for Criminal Defense, 2000
- PCRA Update: Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2004
- Conquering the PCRA: Allegheny County Bar Association, 2007
- Criminal Defense: Pretrial Success, 2007
- Winning Your First Federal Trial (Ethics), 2008
- Criminal Appeals: Allegheny County Bar Association, 2009
- Rutgers State University, B.S.
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1992
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2000
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1991
- Pennsylvania, 1991
Office location for Thomas N. Farrell
100 Ross St
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023