Albert J. Evans
Top rated personal injury attorney in Pottsville, PennsylvaniaFanelli, Evans & Patel, P.C.
Attorney Albert J. Evans is a partner with Fanelli, Evans & Patel, P.C., law firm in Pottsville, Pennsylvania. A top-rated trial attorney with more than 27 years of legal experience, Mr. Evans provides unmatched advocacy and support to clients throughout the Pottsville metro and the surrounding Berks, Lebanon, Dauphin, Scranton-Wilkes-Barre areas who have legal needs involving personal injury, criminal defense, commercial litigation and other serious issues.
Through his personal injury practice, Mr. Evans has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for those adversely affected by motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, defective products, slip-and-fall accidents and other preventable tragedies. Among his most recent successes is a $23,000,000 settlement in a multi fatality truck accident, $3,000,000 settlement for family who lost a father/husband in a car accident and a $2,195,000 settlement for a man who fell off a wheelchair lift. He also secured a verdict of $1.2 million for the estate of a construction killed on the job as well as a $1.7 million settlement on behalf of a worker who suffered serious chemical burns. He has earned a membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Equally successful in his other practice areas, Mr. Evans has secured numerous acquittals, dismissals and reductions of charges for people criminally charged in state and federal courts. He has also assisted many commercial clients with protecting their rights and interests and obtaining the favorable outcomes in complex business disputes, contract issues, anti-trust violations and more.
Honored for his success, Mr. Evans has received designation as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer from The National Trial Lawyers along with other top rankings from his peers and many positive testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1990 graduate of Colby College, Mr. Evans obtained his Juris Doctor from Widener University School of Law in 1993. He is admitted to practice in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania and the District of New Jersey, the Supreme Courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit.
A leader in his legal community, Mr. Evans currently serves on the Pennsylvania Association for Justice's board of governors, and he is the President of the Schuylkill County Bar Association. He has also served on the boards of a number of other professional legal organizations, including the board of delegates of the Pennsylvania Bar Association. He also served as a member of the Lawyers Advisory Committee for the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
Committed to his local community as well, Mr. Evans sits on the Board of Directors of Mid Penn Bank. He also serves on the board of his local YMCA as well as the Zwerling Foundation & Trust and several other charitable and civic organizations. He is vice President of the St. Nicholas Holy Name Society, Eucharistic minister and President of the Schuylkill Haven Island Committee, Inc.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Criminal defense, Insurance coverage, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents
- 70% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Criminal defense
- 10% Insurance coverage
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1993, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.feplawyers.com/Attorneys/Albert-J-Evans.shtml
- Diplomat, American Trial Lawyers Association
- Board of the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Mid Penn Bank, Board of Directors
- President of the Schuylkill County Bar Association
- Evans Delivery Company, Inc., Board of Directors
- West Motor Freight of PA, Board of Directors
- American Association for Justice, Diplomat
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Board of Delegates, 2007 - 2008
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- US District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania, Lawyers Advisory Committee
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Board of Governors, 2010 - Present
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- President of Schuylkill County Bar Association. Board of Directors of Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, 2021
- Board of Directors, YMCA
- Church Council Member, St. Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic Church, Minersville, PA
- Board Member, Zwerling Foundation & Trust
- Vice-President, St. Nicholas Holy Name Society
- President, Schuylkill Haven Island Committee, Inc.
- Eucharistic Minister, St. Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic Church
- The Hill School, 1986
- Colby College, B.A., 1990
- Super Lawyer, 2021, Philadelphia Magazine, 2021
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- National Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- 23,000,000 settlement in a multi fatality truck accident case., 2021
- $2,650,000 settlement for a person injured by a defective piece of equipment., 2020
- $1,125,000 settlement for injuries received by a motorcyclist in a truck accident. , 2021
- $3,000,000 settlement for a motorcyclist fatally injured by the driver of a truck making a U-turn., 2020
- $1,200,000 verdict in a very conservative county for a workplace death. $1,700,000 settlement for a man burned in a chemical plant by a defective piece of machinery $2,000,000 partial settlement for a man who sustained a traumatic brain injury when a wheelchair lift malfunctioned., 2016
Office location for Albert J. Evans
1 Mahantongo Street
Pottsville, PA 17901
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023