Caroline M. Munley
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Scranton, PA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2013
- Free Consultation
Attorney Caroline M. Munley is the managing partner at Munley Law, which has eight total offices located across Pennsylvania. A highly rated, award-winning attorney with more than 18 years of legal experience, Ms. Munley devotes her practice to personal injury litigation and workers' compensation, and she has earned a reputation as a fierce advocate for the rights and entitlements of innocent accident victims and their families. Under Caroline's leadership, Munley Law has grown into one of the most recognizable names in personal injury law.
A 1997 graduate of The University of Scranton, Ms. Munley attended Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 2003 and received the Barrister Award for Achievement in the field of Trial Advocacy. Along with practicing before all Pennsylvania state courts, she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit.
Over the course of her career, Ms. Munley has helped recover millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for her plaintiff clients, including an $8 million truck accident case in 2018, and a $3.8 million truck accident case in 2014. She has received numerous awards and honors for her impeccable professionalism and service. Among her most notable accolades, Ms. Munley holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell as well as a Lawyers of Distinction designation. Caroline has been named by Best Lawyers in their Best Lawyers in America list; she is listed among the Top 25 Women Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers; and she has been named to the Irish Legal 100.
She is a member of the International Society of Barristers, the American Association for Justice, and the Pennsylvania Association for Justice.
Ms. Munley has achieved this level of success through her commitment to those she serves, and she always strives to help her clients achieve the most favorable outcomes possible for their situations, no matter their level of complexity. Ms. Munley is a compassionate lawyer who genuinely cares about helping her clients through their difficult and uncertain times while aggressively fighting to help them protect their rights and entitlements.
Regarded as a leader in her field, Ms. Munley has several publications to her credit, and she is very active in several local, state and national legal organizations. She once served on the board of directors of the Lackawanna Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division, and she has also served on a number of the association's committees. Dedicated to her local community as well, Ms. Munley is a board member of the Scranton Club as well as the Everhart Museum of Natural History, Science, and Art. She also serves on the Capital Campaign Committee for the Women's Resource Center of Northeastern Pennsylvania.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
About Caroline M. Munley
First Admitted: 2004, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://munley.com/our-attorneys/caroline-munley/
- Author, “Make Seat Belts Mandatory on School Buses,” The Scranton Times-Tribune, December 2016
- Author, “Drugged Driving Poses Greater Highway Risk,” The Scranton Times-Tribune, March 2015
- University of Scranton, 1997
- Middlebury College, Language School
- Kyle Kelly v. Isabel Lopez, Proud 2 Haul, Inc. 2014 11-CV-446A case in which a young man was severely injured in a highway accident with two tractor trailers, 2014
- Farmers v. Angerson 2008 – WL – 238622 (MD PA)
- Stevens v. Canyon Environmental Award: $8 Million, 2018
- Caroline Munley appeared on FOX56 to share information about sharing the road with large trucks and tractor trailers. Caroline drew on her professional experience and expertise having represented truck drivers and other motorists who have been involved in serious truck crashes. , Truck drivers and truck accidents, Law, Trucking, 2019
- Caroline Munley appeared in this PSA about how to select the correct car safety seat for your child. , Using the right car seat for your child, Child Safety, Law, Consumer Safety, 2020
- , Top 25 Women Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers, 2020
- Pennsylvania Magazine’s Rising Star Super Lawyer, 2006 - 2013
- Barrister Award for Achievement in the field of Trial Advocacy, Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law
- Named to Top 100 Trial Lawyers in PA by National Trial Lawyers Association
- Named Top 25 Women in Business
- AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Named Northeast’s Top 20 Under 40
- Lawyers of Distinction
- Annual list produced by Best Lawyers. , Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2021
- Top 100 Irish-American lawyers., Irish Legal 100, The Irish Voice , 2017
- Member, International Society of Barristers, 2021
- Paralegal Advisory Board, McCann School of Business and Technology
- Lackawanna Bar Association, Red Mass Committee, 2009
- Lackawanna Bar Association, Public Relations Committee, 2009
- Lackawanna Bar Association, Golf Outing Committee, 2009
- Member, Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Lackawanna Bar Association, Judiciary Committee, 2009
- Board of Directors, Young Lawyers Section, Lackawanna County Bar Association, 2011
- Member, US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Member, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Lackawanna Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member, Capital Campaign Committee, the Women's Resource Center of Northeastern Pennsylvania, 2021
- Chair-Elect, Everhart Museum of Natural History, Science, Art, 2021
- Volunteer, St. Francis of Assisi Kitchen and Food Pantry, 2019
- Board member, the Scranton Club
- Family to Family Thanksgiving Food Basket Program
- Board of Trustees, Everhart Museum of Natural History, Science and Art
- Workers' Compensation Law Certified Specialist, Pennsylvania Bar Association's Section on Workers' Compensation Law, 2022
Last Updated: 7/28/2022