Edwin A. Abrahamsen, Jr.
Top rated personal injury attorney in Scranton, PennsylvaniaAbrahamsen, Conaboy & Abrahamsen, P.C.
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Workers' compensation, Products liability
Licensed in Pennsylvania since: 2004
Edwin A. Abrahamsen, is an attorney at Abrahamsen, Conaboy & Abrahamsen in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Mr. Abrahamsen has over 17 years of experience and concentrates his practice on personal injury, workers’ compensation and Social Security Disability law. He represents clients throughout Lackawanna, Monroe, Pike and Wyoming counties.
Mr. Abrahamsen is dedicated to preserving the rights of clients who have sustained or lost a family member to a catastrophic injury. He has experience with personal injury cases involving slip and falls, truck accidents, workplace accidents and other issues.
Several times over the course of his career, Mr. Abrahamsen has obtained major sums for his clients through successful verdicts and settlements. His accomplishments have earned him membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, exclusive organizations comprised of only a small percentage of attorneys.
In addition to this law practice, Mr. Abrahamsen is an engaged member of his legal community. He belongs to the Lackawanna Bar Association, the Pike County Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Lackawanna County Bar Association Board of Directors and the Northeastern PA Trial Lawyers Association.
Committed to pro bono work and serving his community, Mr. Abrahamsen is the recipient of several pro bono awards from the Pennsylvania Bar Association. He serves on the boards of several community organizations and volunteers with Friends of the Poor of Northeastern Pennsylvania.
Mr. Abrahamsen received his bachelor’s degree from Boston College and earned his law degree from the Pennsylvania State University Dickinson Law. He holds licenses to practice law before all Pennsylvania state courts, the U.S. district courts for the middle and eastern districts of Pennsylvania and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit.
First Admitted: 2004
Professional Webpage: https://www.acalawyer.com/our-attorneys/edwin-a-abrahamsen-j...
- Scranton Preparatory High School - 1997 Boston College Undergraduate - B.A. Economics and Political Science 2001 Penn State Dickinson School of Law - Cum Laude J.D. 2004
- Certificate in Dispute Resolution and Advocacy
- Equal Access to Justice Award, Lackawanna Bar Association, 2006-2020
- Pennsylvania, Rising Star, 2019 -2020
- Pro Bono Award, Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2006-2013
- Million Dollar Advocate, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2010-2014
- Attorney Peggy Gavin Award, Lackawanna Bar Association, 2015
- Civil Law Update, Lackawanna County Annual Bench Bar, 2012
- Bridge the Gap, Lackawanna Bar Association, 2012
- Civil Law Update, Bench Bar Conference, 2013
- Bridge the Gap, Lackawanna Bar Association, 2013
- Young Lawyers Induction Ceremony, Lackawanna Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, 2013
- Interplay between Workers’ Compensation and Auto Accidents & Recovery, Pike County Bar Association, 2013
- Chip and all the other attorneys at ACA are very active in community affairs. Since 2006, the firm has been honored every year by the Pennsylvania Bar Association with the "Equal Access to Justice Award" for its representation of clients through Lackawanna Pro Bono. Chip is also a member of the Board of Directors for the Bread Basket -serving food to the hungry in Northeastern Pennsylvania
- Big Brother Volunteer
- Board of Advisors – Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Lackawanna County
- President, Board of Directors – Friends of the Poor, Scranton
- Board Member – Lackawanna Bar Association
- Vice President, BNI – Endless Mountains Chapter
- President, Lackawanna County Young Lawyers Division
- Vice-President, Lackawanna County Young Lawyers Division (2011 and 2012)
- Pike County Association
- BNI – Endless Mountains Chapter
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Chip was admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar and the U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania in 2004 and the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania in 2005. Chip is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Northeastern Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, the Lackawanna County Bar Association (2008 - Member of the Board of Directors of the Young Lawyers' Division, 2009-2010 - Secretary of the Board of Directors of the Young Lawyers' Division, 2011 - Present - Treasurer of the Young Lawyers Division), and the American Bar Association
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2018