Edwin A. Abrahamsen
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Scranton, PA
Edwin A. Abrahamsen is a personal injury attorney at Abrahamsen, Conaboy & Abrahamsen in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Mr. Abrahamsen has over 45 years of legal experience and represents clients in Lackawanna, Monroe, Pike and Wyoming counties.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Abrahamsen has successfully litigated many notable personal injury cases. He obtained a $1.2 million settlement in a case involving a multivehicle accident and a $1.4 million settlement in a wrongful death case involving a defective product.
An experienced litigator who aggressively fights for the rights of his clients, Mr. Abrahamsen handles a wide variety of personal injury cases. He represents clients injured in automobile accidents, construction accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, truck accidents, and accidents involving amputations and burns. He is also experienced with catastrophic loss, medical malpractice, product liability and wrongful death.
Honored for his contributions to the legal profession, Mr. Abrahamsen is the recipient of several awards from the Lackawanna Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Bar Foundation. In 2014, The National Trial Lawyers included him on its “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” list.
Mr. Abrahamsen is active in various organizations. He belongs to the Lackawanna Bar Association, the Pike County Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Northeastern Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, the Pennsylvania Association for Justice, the Federal Bar Association and the American Association for Justice.
After graduating from Franklin & Marshall College with a bachelor’s degree, Mr. Abrahamsen earned his law degree from The Pennsylvania State University Dickinson Law. He is qualified to appear before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Certificates and Credentials
About Edwin A. Abrahamsen
First Admitted: 1976, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.acalawyer.com/our-attorneys/edwin-a-abrahamsen.h...
Pro bono/Community Service
- President, Lackawanna County Pro Bono, 2012 – 2014
- Former board member, St. Joseph’s Center
- Lector and Cantor at Divine Mercy Parish, Minooka
- Pike County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice (formerly the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association)
- Northeastern Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Association of Justice
- Lackawanna Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1981
- Supreme Court of United States of America, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania and Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1976
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court, 1976
- Franklin and Marshall College, B.A., 1973
- Pro Bono Award, Pennsylvania Bar Foundation, 2010
- Million Dollar Advocate, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2010
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers, 2013 - 2014
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2006 - 2013
- Equal Access To Justice Award, Lackawanna Bar Association, 2007, 2009, 2010 - 2014
- Pro Bono Service Award, Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2006 - 2007, 2009 - 2013
Last Updated: 6/7/2022