James J. Conaboy
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Scranton, PA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2005 - 2008, 2010
James J. Conaboy is an attorney with Abrahamsen, Conaboy & Abrahamsen, P.C., law firm, which has a law office in Scranton, Pennsylvania, and five more across the state. A board-certified civil trial advocate with more than 24 years of experience, Mr. Conaboy focuses his practice solely on personal injury law. He provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout Lackawanna, Pike, Monroe and Wyoming counties who have suffered a serious injury or loss as a result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Over the course of his legal career advocating on behalf of innocent accident victims and their families, Mr. Conaboy has recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for his plaintiff clients, earning his memberships in the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums. As an attorney, he has gained a reputation for his aggressive approach to helping his clients obtain the maximum amount of compensation they deserve, and he finds great reward in being able to help so many in his community during their times of dire need.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Conaboy has earned a Top 100 Trial Lawyers designation from the National Trial Lawyers, and he has received consistent recognition as among the top lawyers in his region.
A 1993 cum laude graduate of Villanova University, Mr. Conaboy obtained his Juris Doctor from Dickinson School of Law in 1996. He also holds his certification as a mediator with the Middle District of Pennsylvania, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Middle and Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit.
Mr. Conaboy is the past president of the Northeastern Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association and the executive director and chair of the Civil Rules Committee for the Lackawanna Bar Association. He is also an active member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Association for Justice, the American Bar Association and the American Association of Justice, among his other professional affiliations. He has also conducted many lectures and continuing legal education seminars on a variety of topics.
Certificates and Credentials
About James J. Conaboy
First Admitted: 1996, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.acalawyer.com/our-attorneys/james-j-conaboy.html
- Certified as a Civil Trial Attorney by The National Board of Trial Advocacy, a Pennsylvania Supreme Court Accredited Agency (2004, re-certified 2009, 2014, 2019)
- Villanova University, Bachelor of Arts Degree, cum laude, in 1993
- , Million Dollar Advocate, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2010 - 2020
- Equal Access to Justice Award, Lackawanna Bar Association, 2006 - 2020
- , Pro Bono Award, Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2006 - 2020
- , Equal Access to Justice Award, Lackawanna Bar Association, 2007
- Pro Bono Award, Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2007 ,
- , Equal Access to Justice Award, Lackawanna Bar Association, 2010
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers, 2013 - 2020
- Lackawanna County Bench Bar Conference – Civil Litigation Update, 2017
- Lackawanna County Bench Bar Conference – Auto Law Update, 2002
- PATLA Auto Law Strategies, 2004
- Lackawanna County Bench Bar Conference – Civil Litigation Update, 2007
- Lackawanna Bar Association – The Commonwealth Medical College Joint Mock Trial Presentation, 2012
Pro bono/Community Service
- Jim and all other attorneys at ACA are very active in community affairs. Since 2006, the firm has been honored every year by the Pennsylvania Bar Association with the "Equal Access to Justice Award" for its representation of clietns through Lackawanna Pro Bono. In addition, Jim has served as a coach for little league baseball and youth basketball teams. He has been a lector for his church, The Church of St. Joseph in the Minooka section of Scranton.
- James Conaboy was admitted to the Bar of Pennsylvania and the U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania in 1996 and The U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit. Jim is a member of The Pennsylvania Bar Association, Pennsylvania Association for Justice (formerly the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association), Northeastern Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association (Secretary 2006, Treasurer 2007, Vice President 2008, President 2009), Lackawanna County Bar Association (Executive Director, 2008-present); Member, Civil Rules Committee, 2006 - present (Chair, 2007-2009), American Association of Justice (formerly the American Trial Lawyers Association) and The American Bar Association. Attorney Conaboy is also Certified as a Civil Trial Advocate by The National Board of Trial Advocacy, a Pennsylvania Supreme Court Accredited Agency (2004, re-certified 2009).
Last Updated: 5/16/2022