Malcolm L. MacGregor
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Scranton, PennsylvaniaMcDonald & MacGregor, LLC
Practice Areas: Medical malpractice, Personal injury, Workers' compensation; view more
Licensed in Pennsylvania since: 1990
Malcolm L. MacGregor is the founding and managing partner at McDonald & MacGregor, LLC, located in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Representing individuals who have been injured due to another party’s negligence, he has over 31 years of experience practicing law. He takes on cases involving personal injury including medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, motor vehicle accidents, workers’ compensation and premises liability matters.
Mr. MacGregor is well known for his professionalism and expertise in personal injury law. Empathetic and understanding about his clients’ troubles, which were caused through no fault of their own, he fights zealously for their rights. He provides personal attention, is responsive and keeps his clients informed throughout the case.
An active participant in the legal community, Mr. MacGregor served as a past president and is a current member of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice and the Lackawanna Bar Association. He is a member of the Lawyers’ Advisory Committee of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania. He also serves as a chair of the Civil Litigation Section’s Council and the Young Lawyers Division of the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
Additionally, Mr. MacGregor has memberships in the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association and the American Bar Association. Recognized for his remarkable contributions, he is an invited member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum for having successfully obtained numerous verdicts and settlements for various cases. He has a “Superb” rating on Avvo, along with several five-star reviews from his delighted clients.
With a Bachelor of Arts degree in communications, Mr. MacGregor has a Juris Doctor from The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law. Mr. MacGregor is enthusiastically involved in activities that give back to society, including volunteering his time and skills to Lackawanna Pro Bono and Wills for Heroes Foundation, Inc. He has lectured on many prominent platforms about medical malpractice and mediation.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Workers' compensation: claimant
Medical malpractice, Motor vehicle accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 50% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 30% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Workers' compensation: claimant
First Admitted: 1990, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.mmmmlaw.com/our-team/malcolm-l-macgregor-esq/
- Best Lawyers in America, 2015 – Present
- Selected to Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2015 - Present
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers , The National Trial Lawyers Association
- , Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Attorney Volunteer and Board Member, Lackawanna Pro Bono, Inc
- Wills for Heroes Volunteer, 2013 to Present
- Medical Malpractice – Lifting the Veil of Secrecy on Physician Peer Review Records
- Mediation/Settlement of Civil Cases, The Committee for Justice for All National Business Institute
- Powerpoint – Maximizing Damages, Lackawanna Bar Association
- Medical – Legal Relations, Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Medical Malpractice – Electronic Medical Records, Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania, 1990
- Lawyers’ Advisory Committee of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Federal Bar Association’s Middle District Chapter, Past President, 2000 to 2008
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Civil Litigation Council, Young Lawyers’ Division, Zone 5 Hours of Delegate Member, Chair, 1990 to Present
- Lackawanna Bar Association, Past President/Member, 1990 to Present
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice , Past President/Member, 1990 to Present
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1993
- Record setting medical malpractice verdict, Monroe County, Wrongful Death, failure to diagnose breast cancer, Estate of Maureen Thiel, 5.4 million; Settlements prior to or during trial or at Arbitration or Mediation, Luzerne County, Birth Injury, brain damaged baby, Turley, 7.4 million; Lackawanna County, Anesthesia, brain damage, Costello an Incompetent, 6.5 million; Lackawanna County, Neurosurgery, brain injury with partial paralysis, O'Chab, 4.3 million; Susquehanna County, Wrongful Death, surgery, Estate of Placko, 1.7 million; Lackawanna County, Bicycle-Truck accident, permanent neck and back injuries, 1.4 million; Northampton County, Wrongful Death, birth injury, Estate of Brain, 1.1 million; Luzerne County, Amputation, foot, 1 million.
- University of Scranton, Bachelor of Arts in Communications, 1986
Office location for Malcolm L. MacGregor
220 Penn Ave
Scranton, PA 18503
- Super Lawyers: 2005, 2007 - 2023
Find me online
- What is a workers' compensation investigator allowed to do? https://t.co/p879qxMXi5 https://t.co/aGVIa9lg7T
- 5 signs that a senior should give up driving https://t.co/09koxUNKB8 https://t.co/djsazaL7Kj
- Can my employer fire me while I'm on workers compensation? https://t.co/CSFyYxPUV8 https://t.co/Gi3rLqnBb0